3 months ago
At Republic Airline, our mission is to provide a safe, clean and reliable flying experience. We believe this is best accomplished by focusing on our vision, “With the BEST people, products, and performance, we will be America’s Regional Airline of choice.” Republic Airline is a regional airline headquartered in Indianapolis, operating fixed-fee flights for American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, and United Airlines. The Company’s fleet consists of nearly 190 Embraer 170/175s, offering approximately 950 flights daily to 100 cities in the U.S., Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. Our crew bases include Chicago, IL (ORD), Columbus, OH (CMH), Indianapolis, IN (IND), Kansas City, MO (MCI), Miami, FL (MIA), Newark, NJ (EWR), New York, NY (LGA), Philadelphia, PA (PHL), Pittsburgh, PA (PIT) and Washington, D.C. (DCA). We have 10 maintenance bases: Charlotte, NC (CLT), Chicago, IL (ORD), Columbus, OH (CMH), Indianapolis, IN (IND), Louisville, KY (SDF), Newark, NJ (EWR), New York, NY (LGA), Philadelphia, PA (PHL), Pittsburgh, PA (PIT) and Washington, D.C. (DCA). With more than 5,500 talented aviation professionals, Republic Airline is a great place to get your career off the runway! For more information, please visit our website at .
Duties and Responsibilities
Processes controlled publications for company’s manual system. Performs and checks quality control prior to FAA submission.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Prepares changes to controlled documents for submission to the FAA as needed.
* Performs quality control checks of all company issued revisions, bulletins and temporary revisions prior to FAA submission.
* Coordinates with Lead Technical Writer to support team objectives.
* Updates master printing copy of publications and associated file management.
* Provides input for continuous publication process improvement.
* Performs certain functions of the Electronic Information Specialists.
* Maintains proficiency in publishing software.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree (B.A. / B.S.) or equivalentin Journalism with at least 1 year previous experience.
* Skills with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe FrameMaker, XML or SGML.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Skills with SharePoint.
* Proofreading, copy editing and desktop publishing skills.
* Ability to learn new technologies and aptitude to understand IT concepts.
* Works well under pressure while managing multiple deadlines.
* Maintains attention to detail and accuracy.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Makes limited decisions and determines best methods to solve problems by referring to established precedents and policies. Impact of decisions is moderately low.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Able to move about the work environment.
* Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds under 35% of the time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Typically not exposed to extreme environmental conditions. Occasionally work in outdoor weather conditions/open air hangar.
Ability to travel up to 10% of the time, including overnight and weekend travel.
# of Openings Remaining 1
Pos. Category Technical Publications