about 1 year ago
Prepare customer manuals and supplements, HAECO manuals and supplements, and other technical documentation in accordance with FAA, customer, and HAECO standards of quality.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Research and review engineering drawings, engineering orders, and related technical data defining aircraft modifications and assembly/subassembly/component specifications, determine the effect on customer technical publications, and use the materials to produce accurate, high quality customer technical publications, which adhere to ATA iSpec 2200 format.
2. Focus primarily on in-house technical publications such as manuals, forms, and standard operating procedures.
3. Provide support to other internal departments with regard to customer technical publications.
4. Provide support to other internal departments with regard to in-house forms, guides, intranet sites, and manuals.
5. Interface and coordinate in a professional manner with other HAECO departments, internal customers, to ensure customer, regulatory, and HAECO requirements are met and to promote and support organizational business interests.
6. Work on complex documentation tasks with assistance.
7. Assist with continuous improvement of Technical Publications department, including procedures, quality control, workflow, and tools.
8. Display self leadership- volunteer for training on unfamiliar assignments.
9. Contribute to multiple technical publication types from among CMMs, ICAs, In-house documentation.
10. Demonstrate familiarity with illustration requirements.
11. Demonstrate familiarity with structured FrameMaker (FM).
12. Demonstrate some knowledge of (and a willingness to learn) technical writing concepts, practices, and procedures.
13. Develop a strong understanding of HAECO policies and procedures.
14. Develop expertise in technical documentation methods and procedures used at HAECO.
1. Associates degree or equivalent work experience.
2. Computer skills [MS Word, Windows environment, Internet browser].
3. Must be fluent in English-read, write, speak and understand.
4. Must have good oral, written, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
5. Ability to read and comprehend written engineering, engineering drawings, and other technical data.
6. Must possess good interpersonal skills with strong desire to work in a team.
7. Knowledge of technical writing concepts, practices and procedures.
1. Previous technical writing experience documenting modifications to transport category aircraft and/or manufacture of transport category aircraft assemblies, subassemblies, and/or components.
2. Familiarity with aircraft technical manuals such as MM, IPC, SRM, etc. and the ATA iSpec 2200 format.
3. Basic knowledge of FAA regulations, specifications, and related requirements.
4. Must be available for overtime and/or to work a flexible schedule, as job requirements dictate.
5. Familiarity with illustration requirements.
6. Familiarity with FrameMaker.
7. Structured FM experience, authoring and development, including working with EDDs and using FM to create a FM-to-XML “roundtrip” (DTDs, structured applications, read/write rules).
8. Aircraft-related technical illustration experience.