5 months ago
Technical Writer (DME)
About the Organization
Astronics is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products and services include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, seat motion solutions, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, systems certification and automated test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Technical Writer (DME)
Summary: Provide Technical Documentation leadership. Provide direction and coordination to engineers and designers to successfully complete design and certification (if applicable) of commercial and government products.
Essential Duties and Skills: (may include but are not limited to the ability to)
Follow and implement the company’s established work instructions.
Responsible for all technical documentation within the organization.
Generates a Technical Instruction Book (TIB), Component Maintenance Manual (CCM) and (PMA documentation).
Understands ATA standards.
Generate and maintain proposals files.
Assists in analyzing test data/reports for accuracy and completeness.
Participate in design reviews.
Work within company policy as outlined in the Astronics DME Human Resources Employee Handbook, Core Values, Astronics DME Safety Manual and OSHA Safety rules.
Perform other duties as needed.
Must possess superior technical writing skills.
Must have excellent communication skills.
Must be detail orientated and be capable of interacting with all engineering disciplines, Program Managers, other departments and customers as needed.
Must be able to work with limited supervision, able to follow directions.
Must be results oriented while maintaining attention to detail.
* Must possess ability and willingness to learn.
Education/Experience (language, math, computer):
Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Preferred engineering discipline experience of 5years with Technical Writing capabilities.
* This position may require knowledge of SOX / 404 internal audit controls and related documentation.
Proficient word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, internet, e-mail skills
Must have excellent English language communication skills sufficient to perform job functions
* Basic mathematical ability (add, subtract, multiply, and divide)
* Minimal travel will be required for this position.
* Work usually takes place in office setting.
Lean Practices/Maintenance of Work Area:
* Each employee has the responsibility to keep his or her immediate work area safe, clean and tidy. Filing should be up-to-date. There should be a place for everything and everything should be kept in its place.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequently lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds
Walk in order to accomplish tasks
Express ideas by means of spoken words
Sit for long periods of time
Close visual acuity for viewing a computer terminal for long periods of time
* Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch
Astronics DME LLC is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled and other protected categories.Use hands and arms to reach for, grasp and manipulate objects
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.