4 months ago
Join us in “Taking It Further”!
Are you looking for a challenging and innovative environment where you can make a difference? Are you passionate about aeronautics?
We have the opportunity for you!
L3 MAS, located in Mirabel (QC) is a subsidiary of L3 Technologies.
For over 30 years, L3 MAS has carried out the repair, maintenance, and modernization of the Canadian fighter jets, the CF-18s. Thanks to our technical expertise developed over time and our passionate employees, L3 MAS has developed innovative and personalized solutions for the in-service support contracts of the Canadian government’s aircraft fleets such as the CH-148 Cyclone and CH-147F Chinook helicopters, and the CC-150 Polaris (Airbus 310) aircraft. Our technical expertise also includes the repair and overhaul of aircraft components, first and third line aircraft maintenance, the design and manufacturing of aircraft parts for major Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), and state-of-the-art technical publication solutions.
Choosing L3 MAS, it's being part of multidisciplinary work teams, it’s joining one of the major in-service support providers for the Royal Canadian Air Force, and it’s being part of an organization whose values – integrity, passion, respect, and balance – are at the heart of our daily actions. Join us in “Taking It Further”.
At L3 MAS you will:
* Contribute to the continuous improvement of the company and be recognized for your impact;
* Enjoy a flexible work schedule allowing you to conciliate work-life balance;
* Participate in gathering sports and social activities organized by the staff for the staff;
* Have access to exclusive on-site services such as massotherapy, cafeteria with outdoor patio, fitness and language classes, seasonal tire change, annual vaccination clinic, charging stations for electric vehicles and more;
* Benefit from a Comprehensive Employee Benefits Package, including a customizable group insurance plan that fits your needs and lifestyle, and a Group RRSP with contribution match-up.
Reporting to the Technical Publications Supervisor, the Technical Writer is responsible to research, write, revise or update technical publications primarily for the CC-150 project and other in service support contracts.
* Conduct research necessary to produce comprehensive technical publications.
* Apply expertise to interview Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and define requirements.
* Derive new procedures to incorporate aircraft modifications, as well as define appropriate supporting illustrations.
* Co-ordinate the preparation and the validation of texts, as well as other technical information documents related to customer requirements.
* Perform validation/verification (val/ver) on aircraft if required.
* Provide support to Customer in effectively using the IETP if required.
* Raise technical problems (TPs).
* Collaborates with the technical publications team, Tech Pubs System Developer, Illustrator, Multi-Media Designer, Editor and Translators to enable the completeness of the work task and the necessary update to the Technical Publication(s).
* Verifies and checks the preparation of illustrations, photographs, diagrams, as necessary.
* Supports the Technical Publications Supervisor by providing writing effort estimates for Customer approval.
* Provide inputs to continuous improvement.
* Provide status reports to the Technical Publications Supervisor on assigned tasks.
* Diploma or certificate in technical communications or equivalent;
* Experience in aeronautics (avionics, engines);
* Must be master of the English language and be able to produce high quality reports and documentation in English;
* Must be able to read and understand engineering drawings and documents;
* Must have in-depth knowledge of C/AG-006, ATA-2200 & S1000D International Specification for technical publications;
* Must have in-depth knowledge of SGML, XML and Simplified English;
* Must have in-depth knowledge of Arbortext Epic Editor for creation of documents in SGML or XML;
* Knowledge of Office applications: Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Visio.
* Medical requirement: Normal colour vision.
Operational requirements :
* Must be eligible for registration to the Controlled Goods Program;
* Must be eligible to obtaining and maintaining the government of Canada’s “Reliability” status and Level 2 (Secret) security clearance;
* Location not accessible via public transportation, car required.
At L3 MAS, we care about the principles of employment equity and we encourage Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities that qualify to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CAN Security Clearance Required: NATO Secret
: Day - 1st
: Division L-3 MAS