5 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
The successful candidate will create and maintain Specialty Seating Component Maintenance Manuals (CMM’s) and other Air Transportation Association (ATA) compliant documents using an .xml database publishing system, review and edit documents for ATA format and procedural accuracy, and collaborate with the UTAS Global Engineering Center Technical Publications team in Bangalore, India. Candidate will be tasked to identify and drive improvement projects within the Technical Publications department.
* Build and update CMM’s in .xml database publishing system in accordance with ATA and customer specifications.
* Review and edit CMM’s and other documents, for technical accuracy, ATA format, and customer requirements.
* Validate maintenance procedures when necessary.
* Collaborate with UTAS team in Bangalore, India to meet scheduled deliverables.
* Identify and drive process improvements within the Technical Publications department.
Qualification: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to read and interpret engineering data
* Ability to transform engineering drawings and documents into concise, user-friendly maintenance instructions
* Experience with/knowledge of .xml database publishing
* Experience authoring to ATA specifications 100, 2200, and S1000D
* Ability to identify improvement opportunities and drive projects to closure
* Ability to manage projects/experience with project management tools
* Strong problem solving skills
* Efficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
* Ability to multitask while remaining flexible to changing requirements and deadlines
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work and interact with various levels within the organization
* Experienced in high-level production of CMM’s using a database publishing system
* Experience using Adobe FrameMaker
* Experience using illustration software
* Computer science knowledge/skills
* Domestic and international travel up to 10%
* Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Due to federal regulation or contracting requirements, this position is only available to U.S. persons.
Education: Education Required:
* Associates Degree or in lieu of AA degree must have a minimum of 5 years ATA writing experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.