7 months ago
Editing of source documents and manuals in Adobe FrameMaker by means of writing, drafting, researching, designing, collaborating, and distributing Company generated manuals, revisions and publications.
You’ll be an active and instrumental part in the development and maintenance of a large technical publications suite. The suite consists of an extensive library of interfaced operating, maintenance, airworthiness, aircraft, safety, security, flight crew and human resource manuals. The position is exciting, it is rewarding, and it provides you with tremendous aviation learning opportunities and career expansion while collaborating with airline subject matter experts and content owners who are passionate about this rewarding industry.
* Editing graphics and publishing documents for electronic and paper distributions
* Coordinating manual revision schedules and the implementation with the FAA and other Company departments
* Monitoring Company and technical data development to ensure delivery is on-schedule and in accordance with regulatory and Company requirements
* Developing periodic reports, project plans and schedules as required
* Analyzing manufacturer, Company, and regulatory updates and documents to ensure manual data is current and available
* Negotiating scope of work, deadlines and priorities with various stakeholders
* Identifying Company manual interfaces between departments
* Manufacturing documentation for Company end-users
* Other tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
* Bachelor’s degree in a related field or minimum experience of 2 years developing and writing technical documentation
* Complete working knowledge and skills required for desktop publishing.
* Proficiency in the full Adobe Professional suite (FrameMaker, Acrobat) is mandatory
* Proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
* Experience developing instructional materials and creating\editing line drawings
* Solid working knowledge of grammar, editing practices and the use of style and page layout tools
* Experience with airline operations and maintenance manuals is preferred
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and tight deadlines
* Portfolio of work samples
You will be required to take a comprehensive FrameMaker assessment.
A basic understanding of aviation terminology and/or airline operations is a plus. If you do not have these skills in your portfolio but you always look to the sky at that airplane flying overhead? Come talk to us. Do you love to travel? Come talk to us!