Reports To: Manager of Maintenance Training
Summary/Objective: The technical trainer teaches in discipline areas in which he or she has specific training and competence primarily in a classroom type setting. As such, the technical trainer is expected to plan, organize, and teach in a manner that encourages the company’s imperatives and values. He or she also promotes and directs successful student learning in keeping with the learning-centered values and goals of the maintenance training department.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Four years of experience in the maintenance of transport category aircraft
- Previous experience teaching or conducting classroom training
- At least two years’ experience in a relevant aviation field
- Exhibit the ability to use, follow, develop and update lesson plans and curriculum guides.
- Possess the ability to interact and communicate well with a diverse group of students while maintaining control of the classroom environment
- Demonstrate the ability to properly introduce a comprehensive and detailed curriculum in a manner that is easily understood and retained
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision while exercising good judgment and a strong initiative
- Able to work and cooperate well with other instructors; be willing to make constructive observations about the students, curriculum, facilities and equipment
- Display a professional demeanor at all times
- Recognize and use constructive criticism, know how to work and cooperate with others.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and MS Windows
- Proficient in the delivery of presentations and reports
- Ability to travel as required (~15%)
- Ability to work different shifts as required
- Technical degree in aviation, education, or a closely related discipline
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant Licenses
- Hands on experience working as an A & P Maintenance Technician (preferably in a supervisory capacity) is most desirable.
- Good working knowledge of the Federal Aviation Regulations as they relate to aircraft maintenance operations
- Experience with Maxi Merlin, MXI, Bombardier Navigator, Aircraft Diagnostic Solutions, and MDC Analyzer software
- Experience with Hazardous Materials handling/shipping
- Teach formal classroom training courses such as but not limited to policy, procedures, all aircraft systems and procedures, maintenance paperwork, safety, Human Factors, test equipment, run/taxi operations, recurrent training, and other subjects to company and vendor personnel
- Promoting sound operational judgement and a safety oriented attitude throughout the organization
- Display conduct in the most professional manner possible with students and coworkers
- Consistently prove and lead by example that safety, quality, and efficiency are our highest goals
- Assist with revising curriculum and training methods / structure, serve as subject matter expert
- Keep classroom environment neat and well organized in appearance, thus projecting the trainer and company in a professional manner
- Schedules classes based on classroom and equipment availability
- Proper completion of training documentation and attendance records
- Assist with the maintenance, upkeep, security, and auditing of training records
- Other duties as assigned by the MTM or his designee
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: This job operates primarily in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 40 lbs.; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are variable, but primarily Monday through Friday, with flexibility to support training events.
Travel: 15-% travel is expected with this position.
PSA offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) and flight benefits on all American Airlines flights.
To ensure a safe environment for all, we require a drug screening, fingerprinting, and criminal/verbal background checks.
PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a full time position......offering full benefits. Come join our team of aircraft maintenance professionals!