Technical Services Engineer (Structures)
Loganair operates a comprehensive network of scheduled and charter flights around the United Kingdom, but predominately in Scotland. The company continues to grow and develop, it now has around 850 members of staff, in various departments, including, Engineering, Flight Operations, Ground and Customer Services, Safety and Compliance, Commercial, Finance and Operations. We have multiple stations throughout the United Kingdom.
In terms of fleet type, we currently support EMB 145, SAAB 340, SAAB 2000, Twin Otter, BN2 Islanders and are shortly introducing ATRs.
Applications are now invited for the above noted position, based in the Continued Airworthiness Department (Part M), Lightyear Building, Glasgow Airport.
The role of the Technical Services Engineer (Structures) will be to work as a member of the Technical Services Department as part of Loganair’s Continuous Airworthiness Management Organisation.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the Technical Services Engineer - Structures will:
· Provide support to Line Maintenance and Base Maintenance regarding structures issues
· Evaluate and process manufacturers and airworthiness authority’s documentation such as airworthiness directives, service bulletins, service letters etc.
· Support heavy maintenance checks at 3rd party locations
· Monitor and review structural/corrosion trends
· Liaise with aircraft lessor
· Participate in OEM structures working groups
· Develop engineering policies, procedures and processes
· Assist with improving the technical reliability of the Loganair fleet
· Incident investigation
· In addition to the core structures focus, knowledge of aircraft systems, electrics/avionics, interiors and powerplant would be advantageous as support to other areas of the department may be required
· Enjoy a flexible approach to travel and working hours
· Other duties that may be assigned by the Technical Manager.
Qualifications / Skills / Competencies
· An Engineering or Aeronautical University Degree OR hold an EASA Part 66 Type License or Company Approval at Lead Engineer or higher
· Relevant Experience in Lieu of the above will be considered
· Excellent communication skills.
· Ability to work under own initiative and under own supervision
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Excellent computer skills
· Experience of working in a Technical Services Department or similar would be an advantage.
To apply for the position, please submit your CV and a covering letter, making clear why you are interested in the role and making clear why you have the skills and abilities to be effective in it.
This is a full time and permanent role within the team and as you would expect, a competitive remuneration package will be given to the successful candidate. If you have any questions about the role, prior to making an application, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
We look forward to hearing from you.