4 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Interested in taking your career to the next level? Want to work in one of the most exciting industries in the world today? The communications and marketing team at UTC Aerospace Systems is looking for big thinkers who are ready to deliver game-changing performance. We are a team of dynamic, highly strategic and creative communication mavericks on a path to build an industry-leading brand. If you enjoy storytelling, translating strategies into performance boosting marketing and communications plans, and leading transformative change, then consider this your runway. Are you ready to take off?
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine.
UTC Aerospace program is seeking to hire a Technical Publications Specialist with expertise in drafting and publication of all technical communications.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Author and update Component Maintenance Manuals and other ATA documents in accordance with ATA specifications.
* Coordinate and oversee Technical Publications work with the Global Engineering Center, India.
* Review Component Maintenance Manuals and other technical documents, for technical accuracy and format.
* Validate maintenance procedures.
* Write Service Bulletins and Service Letters.
* Manage the review & comment process for new and revised technical documents.
* Develop maintenance data procedures based on various forms of engineering source data.
* Interview subject matter experts to get source data for documentation.
* Photograph maintenance steps for use in documentation.
* Update and create new drawings and illustrations for use in maintenance documentation.
* Provide access to technical documentation to approved aircraft operators through UTAS Tech Pubs Customer Portal. Respond to access requests from multiple business units.
* Primary, customer-facing contact for Tech Pubs for all customers from SIS-CA.
* Duties include planning activities, customer coordination, technical data and information interpretation and preparation of management level correspondence for status reporting.
* Possess knowledge and understanding of technical publication requirements as it pertains to FAA regulatory requirements and industry specifications
2+ years of experience writing technical publications, manuals or documentations with non-negotiable deadlines in an electrical manufacturing environment.
2+ years of experience with either XML, Arbortext, FrameMaker, Word, Illustrator, Photoshop, CAD, Solidworks, and authoring style and formatting requirements.
2+ years of experience with collaborating with engineering and manufacturing to translate technical requirements and tactile efforts into a readable and repeatable instructions.
1+ years of experience with tracking quality metrics of all deliverables using Authorized Technical Review process.
1+ years of experience managing development of deliverables to support Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations and other internal business units.
1+ years of experience providing portal support with an understanding of the GTA process and portal tools as well as customer base and product platform dependency.
Demonstrated ability to collaborate with internal business units including engineering, manufacturing and operations.
Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision and take direction from supervisor.
Masters of Arts or Science degree.
1+ years of experience writing technical publications, manuals or documentations working in an aerospace or electrical manufacturing industry with familiarity with regulatory compliance.
Experience with management of work off-site at GED for specific writing projects with goal of as few of iterations as possible.
Experience with management of internal and external suppliers to ensure quality of final documents.
Experience with and of understanding of S1000D specifications.
Demonstrated ability to collaborate with multiple internal and external business partners.
Demonstrated ability to acquire new software and other technology skills.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technical Communications
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.