7 months ago
Manager, Technical Operations Regulatory Compliance
Compass Airlines, is currently seeking a Manager, Technical Operations Regulatory Compliance for its Minneapolis location. We have an immediate need for someone with exceptional business judgment and discretion as well as the initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the organization.
The Manager, Technical Operations Regulatory Compliance reports directly to the Senior Manager Quality Control & Compliance. The Manager, Regulatory Compliance is responsible for managing and overseeing the resolution process including root cause determinations, development of mitigation strategies, and coordination with applicable departments. The Manager, Technical Operations Regulatory Compliance is responsible for the day-to-day leadership of the Compass Airlines Technical Operations Regulatory Compliance team. This involves the leadership of a staff focused on the delivery of regulatory and safety functions within the carrier’s technical operations.
US Citizen or have the legal right to accept employment in the United States.
High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
Strong Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite & Adobe writing products.
Experience with managing compliance within a regulated environment.
Knowledge of FAA regulatory requirements.
FAA A&P Certificate.
Associate’s Degree or better in Aviation Management or Business.
Background in Aircraft Maintenance and/or Quality Assurance/ Control/Compliance.
Experience in Technical Writing.
Knowledge of FAA Safety Management System (SMS) Program.
Experience investigating non-compliance actions as related to industry regulations.
* Ability to lift, carry and move light to medium weight of 10 – 30 pounds as well as good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity.
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
The Manager, Technical Operations Regulatory Compliance reports directly to the Senior Manager Quality Control & Compliance. The Manager, Regulatory Compliance is responsible for compliance resolution including root cause determinations, development of mitigation strategies, and coordination with applicable departments. The Manager, Technical Operations Regulatory Compliance duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Manage the day to day operation of the Technical Operations Regulatory Compliance department ensuring policies and procedures are followed and all deadlines are met.
* Ensure oversight, implementation, and resolution of root cause and mitigation strategies.
* Support the Director of Quality and Chief Inspector as liaison to the FAA.
* Receive notification of concerns (LOI, LOC, VSD, SAS)
* Disseminate information to applicable area(s) within Technical Operations
* Manage the root cause analysis, comprehensive fix, and follow up self-audit process for FAA concerns.
* Interact with FAA regarding regulatory compliance (SAS findings, Title 14 CFR non-compliance) issues or concerns within Technical Operations.
* Manage the FAA Safety Assurance System (SAS) process related requirements for Technical Operations.
* Act as the coordinating department for the completion of the Element Design (ED) / Element Performance (EP).
* Ensure compliance with the SAS System during manual revision process.
* Review and complete ED/EP following a revision or addition to the FAA’s SAS Data Collection elements.
* Ensure SAS/Manual/Regulation Matrix is updated.
* Manage Letter of Compliance (LOC) process for Technical Operations Manuals
* Act as liaison with all other maintenance areas to ensure proper responses to investigation findings and assigned corrective actions.
* Conduct event investigations within Technical Operations as directed by the Director of Quality & Chief Inspector.
* Oversight of investigation process for events within Technical Operations.
* Research, generate and submit summaries to the Director, Quality and Chief Inspector (119) concerning problems/incidents within Technical Operations regarding regulatory compliance and safety.
* Manage the technical operations manual revision process ensuring all technical operations manuals are in compliance with Federal Regulations, interface with other company manuals, and adhere to timelines established in the Technical Operations Publications Event Tracker (TOPET).
* Manage the Aircraft, Engine, & Component Maintenance Manuals distribution process ensuring all manuals are current and available to personnel.
* Manage the Aircraft Certification process ensuring Aircraft Registrations and Standard Airworthiness Certificates are current and renew as needed
* Act as the subject matter expert for SMS implementation and administrative development and continuous improvement for Tech Ops.
* Maintain oversight of SMS tracking mechanism timelines and accuracy as it pertains to Tech Ops.
* Act as subject matter expert for Maintenance Production, Operations, & Materials for regulatory audits (i.e. DOD, IOSA, etc).
* Under the direction of the Director of Quality & Chief Inspector (119), assist in special projects, contracts, and other administrative duties as assigned.
* Responsible for oversight with Technical Operations safety compliance interfacing with Compass Safety department.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Work is performed in an open office environment and in an enclosed workstation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
* Hours: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Varying shifts and Weekends may be required.
Job Description Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.