11 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM...
* This role is responsible for requirements and architecture definition, analysis, and review in order to provide a complete set of traceable requirements for the products and processes at all levels to ensure that the design is focused on the customer’s needs.
* It is expected this role is 75% hands on technical and 25% process.
Tasks to be Accomplished
* Provide Technical Leadership as the subject matter expert on DOORS, Requirements Development, Requirements Analysis and Requirements Management.
* Provide support in the implementation of an Architecture framework(s) and systems Architecture library.
* Ensure Customer needs and requirements are defined or refined at the start of the systems lifecycle.
* Ensure functional participation in the requirements development process (e.g mechanical engineering, training, etc).
* Mentor other system designers on the capture, development, analysis and tractability of requirements for the products developed.
* Support the development and maintenance of requirements verification traceability database for all L3 WESCAM.
* Support the development and refinement of the processes for developing and managing system operational and support concept documents throughout the systems engineering lifecycle.
* Participate in all technical design reviews to ensure system design integrity is achieved.
* Support regular training in requirements and architecture engineering to the Systems Engineering Department.
* Support the establishment of requirements engineering measures.
* Provide technical leadership for requirements and architecture engineering of products and integrated systems designed and integrated by L3 WESCAM.
* Provide technical leadership for Validation and Verification engineering for product qualification and testing.
* Support bid and proposal process for major and minor bids as assigned by the Manager, Requirements & Architecture
* Work with the Manager, Requirements & Architecture to identify risks, issues, opportunities and mitigation strategies for Systems Engineering.
* Keep in synchronization with Systems Engineering industry trends and new technology that may be relevant to L3 WESCAM’s present and future development.
* Support Lean Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
* Other duties as assigned by the Manager, Requirements & Architecture.
* Understanding of Systems Engineering principals
* Deep understanding of requirements methodology
* Familiar with the installation and integration of airborne electronic equipment
* Knowledge of commercial and military standards
* Lean six sigma and continuous improvement.
* Familiar with DOORS requirement management tool
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Strong project and technical management skills
* Proven requirements analysis and derivation skills.
Experience & Education Requirements
* Bachelor of Engineering Degree (Mechanical, Electrical, Engineering Physics, Software all appropriate degrees) or equivalent on the job experience
* 5 - 10 years’ experience in Systems Engineering
L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
* CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Day - 1st
: Division L-3 Wescam