8 months ago
Technical Engineer II – Hydro Mechanical
CDG, a Boeing Company is a world-class strategic partner for engineering-driven organizations that develop, support, operate and maintain complex equipment. CDG serves a broad range of industry sectors, including commercial and VIP aviation, aerospace and defense, manufacturing and other industries.
CDG is currently looking for several candidates to join our growing Aircraft Maintenance Manual team in the St. Louis, MO. office.
Selected candidates will create, change or revise airplane maintenance publications using a variety of research tools and authoring systems. Prior maintenance experience with the F/A-18 Platform or hands-on aircraft maintenance on a similar platform with a specialty in Hydro-Mechanical preferred. Background in working with or writing of technical manuals a plus and any combination of the following is preferred: FAA or EASA maintenance licenses, i.e. FAA Airframe and Power Plant license.
This position researches and evaluates technical source data and specifications. Develops or maintains technical publication elements to include theory of operations, testing and troubleshooting procedures, illustrated parts breakdown, removal and installation procedures and schematic diagrams. Coordinates the preparation of illustrative materials. Conducts quality and in process reviews and validation of technical publications. Ability to pass a Secret or Top Secret Security Clearance is a condition for continued employment.
You will analyze moderately-complex engineering designs and design changes to determine maintenance/repair/retrofit requirements, procedures and instructions. This position Influences product designs and processes to ensure supportability and maintainability.
Degree in Engineering classification (or equivalent) is preferred but not required or 3-4 years' experience in related discipline.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Possess an understanding of engineering job practices, techniques and standards. Make use of and applies job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts.
• Strong PC skills with high proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office products functionality.
• Proficiency in Structured Authoring Systems and other job related Tools.
• Ability to learn new applications quickly.
• Ability to prioritize for maximum productivity for multiple projects.
• Ability to define and document processes as required.
• Ability to identify potential issues, analyze and recommend improvements and alternate solutions.
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
• Good verbal and written communication along with organizational skills.
• Proven reasoning, analytical abilities and mechanical aptitude
• Works under general supervision.
• Under general supervision, be technically responsible and accountable for assigned work.
• Follows directions for routine work under general supervision; receives detailed instructions for specific assignments.
• Locate source data from the applicable files and systems.
• Perform detailed analysis and interpretation of source data and make corrections as appropriate.
• Follows desktop procedures, publications standards and government/customer specifications for authoring.
• When required, programs documents for multiple SGML outputs by applying applicability rules within the structure of the text (e.g., BEAR & eMod).
• Determines proper effectivity and applicability for each authoring job.
• Verify information and check for discrepancies. Make changes as required.
• Marks up illustrations and submits using established procedures.
• Performs a thorough self-check of authored material.
• Meet production and quality standards.
• Uses effective communication to work through problems and ensures timely delivery of authoring tasks.
• Meet assigned schedules and deadlines.
• Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
• Creates system theory descriptions of operations of moderate scope and complexity by analyzing product designs and engineering principles to provide understanding of technical systems and components to ensure product reliability and safety.
• Develops technical solutions of moderate scope and complexity for customers that optimize their operations, resolve emergent needs and regulatory compliance issues.
• Develops maintenance, repair & retrofit procedures and techniques of moderate scope and complexity that guide end-users to change, maintain and restore product into usable condition. Utilizes engineering data knowledge, maintenance operational knowledge and pertinent regulations that guarantee product reliability, safety and efficiency.
• Provides engineering judgment and expertise to independently develop maintenance, repair & retrofit procedures and techniques of moderate scope and complexity that guide end-users to maintain and restore product into usable condition. Utilizes engineering data knowledge, maintenance operational knowledge and pertinent regulations that guarantee product reliability, safety and efficiency.
• Influences product designs, processes and initiatives of moderate scope and complexity for new and recurring product development programs to ensure supportability/maintainability. Provides
recommendations through the use of design principles, engineering specifications, regulatory requirements and maintenance operations requirements.
– Validate maintenance procedures & service bulletins and provide technical assistance at customer facilities under the guidance of a Level 3 or 4 Technical Engineer
• Participates in the implementation of lean principles and technologies to support business unit initiatives and execution.
• May be asked to travel on behalf of the department.
CDG, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
US Person: Yes. Due to legal requirements associated with our work statements, you must be able to provide documentation indicating that you are a US Person.
We offer a competitive salary, great benefits, and a pleasant working environment.