8 months ago
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking experienced Technical Designers (Level 3) to support the Bombers, Executive Transport, and Airborne Surveillance Command and Control (ASC2) Programs located in Oklahoma City, OK.
Your duties as a technical designer will include (but are not limited to):
* Prepare, development and maintenance of engineering product definition
* Coordinate within the engineering and program team the overall plan, schedule, budget, and report to the IPT
* Develops engineering product definition based upon Company requirements and parameters
* Coordinates development of engineering product definition with internal/external parties to ensure compliance with applicable standards, requirements and design parameters as well as product functionality
* Assists in the coordination and development of work transfer packages with internal and external customers to requirements
* Investigates and resolves design and / or engineering related issues, and program health (schedule / budget / program execution) related issues
* Minimal supervision
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
* Experience in technical design
* Experience using Microsoft applications (Excel, PowerPoint) in order to design / develop spreadsheets and presentations
* Work experience in work statement or project management including business case definition, scope, planning, scheduling and execution of complex projects
* Cost Account Manager (CAM) experience is a PLUS
* Experience with a CAD software or drafting software tool
* Experience creating structural / mechanical designs using Catia & Enovia
* Implementation experience with any of the following: Program Management Best Practices (PMBP), Earned Value Management System (EVMS), Lean+/10X
* Wire routing and installation experience
* Aircraft design experience
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Typical Education / Experience:
AA degree in related discipline and typically 3 or more years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position is based in Oklahoma City, OK and does not offer relocation assistance. Applicants must reside in area or be willing to relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award