11 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Perform essential duties and responsibilities in assembly process for turbine air starters including re-manufactured assemblies.
Be proficient and perform the processes below:
1. Tear down of units; 2. Cleaning; 3. Sub Assembly; 4. Final Assembly; 5. Test; 6. Prep & Paint; 7. Pack
• General housekeeping in cell (5S)
• Uses pneumatic tools and hand tools (pliers, wrenches, hammer, etc). to perform work
• Review, understand and follow routers, procedures, specification, and other instructions for completeness to perform operations
• Ensures all company paperwork is filled-out accurately
• Fully understands blueprints
• Produce error free products through in process inspections
• Meet production goals
• Work to established Lean Manufacturing guidelines
• Work under general direction with minimal coaching in a team environment
• Will also perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Also, proven ability to demonstrate:
• Strong attention to detail
• Compliance with and supports all GE policies and the “Integrity: The Spirit and The Letter of Our Commitment” guide
• Excellent customer service to co-workers, customers, and vendors
• Embraces ambiguity and engages others in idea generation
• Works collaboratively and respects all others
• Actively participate and support a team environment
• Keeps team informed of work progress, timelines, and issues
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or General education Degree (GED), plus 6 months of manufacturing related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to read and understand specifications, be able to analyze and interpret technical procedures, blueprints and written instructions. Able to read and complete necessary forms. Have the ability to effectively communicate and respond to questions from team members, coaches and leaders.
Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practice situations. Able to do conversion from and to metrics.
Basic computer skills.
Ability to define and solve problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to stand at least 6 to 8 hours a day. Must be able to work with upper body extremities. Must be able to walk, sit, or stoop on a regular basis. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds on a frequent basis. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds on occasion. Items more than 30 pounds will be lifted with assistance.
• Prior assembly and/or disassembly experience
• Prior production experience
• Ability/prior experience reading blueprints
• Ability/prior experience reading routers and part numbers
• Ability/prior experience using work instructions
• Knowledge of documenting and scrapping hardware
Locations: United States; Ohio; Vandalia
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.