4 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM...
Tasks to be Accomplished
* Plan, compile and analyze information for the WESCAM Inc. Corporate Income Tax return including:
* Leading and compiling the Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SRED) claim that is a collaborative effort between Finance, Engineering and our Consultants.
* Annual income tax return including T106
* Annual income tax provision
* Calculate and prepare monthly tax instalment payments
* Annual Transfer Pricing documentation
* Preparing internal documentation
* Facilitating with Third Party preparers and L3 Corporate for more complex transactions
* Canadian HST/Australian GST/Foreign VAT Sales Tax remittance preparation
* Tax Information package (TIPS) for L3 Corporate
* Gather information for the quarterly Strategic Aerospace and Defence Initiative (SADI) filings
* Calculate and manage the T4A-NR reporting requirements
* Prepare and file monthly PST Insurance filings
* Prepare and file annual NR4 returns
* Prepare and file annual Excise Tax Return
* Monthly tax journal entries and reconciliations for Corporate Income Tax, HST/ VAT and SADI
* Research tax matters and ad hoc projects
* Corresponding with L3 Corporate Tax department on tax planning matters
* Knowledge and interest in Canadian Corporate Income Tax and HST
* Advanced Excel knowledge and ability to work with large databases
* Strong organizational and analytical skills
* Excellent verbal communication skills
* Understanding of Tax impacts of an international company
* Understanding of US / Canadian GAAP
* Attention to detail
Experience & Education Requirements
* CPA/CA/CMA/CGA or equivalent
* 2+ years of tax related experience in a manufacturing environment
L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
* CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Day - 1st
: Division L-3 Wescam