5 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM...
Tasks to be Accomplished
* Work with the Systems Engineer and Project Engineer to develop verification and validation strategy and schedule
* Generate project verification plan and matrix
* Generate detailed test procedures
* Execute a variety of requirements-based testing at the System and Sub-System level
* Record test results and note observations in accordance with L3 Wescam’s quality processes
* Generate formal qualification test reports
* Generate test specifications and develop LabVIEW/Matlab code where test automation is necessary or beneficial
* Assist with the identification of independent test facilities
* Work with outside test facilities to complete L3 Wescam testing and review required test results
* May be required to interface with customer: presenting test results, providing clarification and addressing questions
* Support Bids and Proposals work with estimates and gap analysis
* Off-site travel is required (majority is local)
* Familiarity with electro-optical imaging equipment
* Familiarity with electro-mechanical motion control systems
* Working familiarity with MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-704, RTCA/DO-160
* Working experience with laboratory equipment such as DMMs, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers
* Working experience with LabVIEW and Matlab would be an asset
* Working knowledge of DOORS, MS Office Suite, MS Visio
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Meets the requirements for the Canadian Controlled Goods Programs and is eligible for a Canadian Government Security Clearance
Experience & Education Requirements
* Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technical Diploma
* 3 - 5 years of progressive technical and project experience
L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
* CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division L-3 Wescam