8 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM...
Tasks to be Accomplished
* Systems Engineering point of contact to support weekend shift
* Track weekend support activates, coordinating hand-off within Systems Engineering day shift staff
* Assist Applied Systems Engineering manager in liaison with Production floor
* Generate and maintain detailed test procedures for regression and environmental testing
* Execute a variety of requirements-based testing at the Integrated System and Sub-System level (e.g. regression, environmental, performance, ATP, etc)
* Issue identification and troubleshooting for Integrated Systems and Sub-Systems
* Generate formal test reports
* Assist to acquire, maintain and repair lab equipment and cables
* Assist in managing Systems both Systems Labs to maintain the overall safety, and a good working state of Systems lab and equipment
* Support Bids and Proposals activities
* Other duties as assigned by Systems Engineering Management Team
* Familiarity with electro-optical imaging equipment
* Familiarity with electro-mechanical motion control systems
* Strong Organizational and planning skills
* Knowledge about software interface and communication protocols
* Excellent troubleshooting skills
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Working knowledge of DOORS, Labview, MS Office Suite, MS Visio
Experience & Education Requirements
* Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technical Diploma
* 3 - 5 years of progressive technical and project experience
* Meets the requirements for the Canadian Controlled Goods Programs and is eligible for a Canadian Government Security Clearance
* L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Division L-3 Wescam