6 months ago
Jeppesen: Transforming the way the world moves.
Designs complex systems to clients need ensuring a robust and maintainable system as result.
* Overall responsibility for requirements gathering and design/specification work.
* Instructs and mentors lower level Systems Analysts in daily work.
* Builds technical knowledge within the project team.
* Attends client meeting regarding advanced requirements.
* Creates complex time estimates.
* Ensures that product development (i.e., JTS) is involved when needed.
* Recommends standards and general process improvements.
* Serves as head teacher in Academy including responsibility for course content development.
Technical degree in a related field of study and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Applies extensive job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts. Has full knowledge of other related disciplines. Recognized as a job expert within the department/organization.
* Provides technical solutions to complex problems that require ingenuity and creativity.
* Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed for desired results from a relatively long-term perspective.
* Guides the successful completion of aspects of major programs and may function in a project leadership role. Erroneous decisions or recommendations may result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives.
* Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.