5 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM...
* Responsibility for development of assigned projects as a team leader and as a technical contributor. This position bridges leadership and technical responsibilities.
* Determine, assign and manage project tasks with team members allocated to the specific project. Work with the Manager to choose the proper skillset for the project.
* Formulate specific design and project tasks based on overall project goals defined by the manager.
* Fulfill the role of Applied Systems Project Engineer, or assign Applied Systems Project Engineers, for any projects assigned to Applied Systems section.
* Support the Manager in the performance assessment of personnel to be considered in yearly reviews. This position does not have direct reports.
* Schedule and actively participate in technical design reviews to ensure design integrity is achieved.
* Participate in developing and maintaining the related engineering design practices, processes and standards.
* Provide the required metrics, reports and performance measures to the Manager.
* Provide technical support to other areas of the organization including Operations, Manufacturing Engineering, Customer Service, Bids and Proposals, and Marketing.
* Develop a strong presence across engineering and other areas of the business to maximize collaboration and synergy in an effort to meet project goals.
* Watch for new technologies and leadership trends that may impact present and future product development.
* Assist Systems Engineering Management Team in authoring and implementing ISO 15288 compliant systems engineering sub-processes as assigned
* Complete other tasks and projects as assigned by the Manager.
* Track record of being a strong technical contributor across a wide range of technical problems and across multiple developments.
* Have shown leadership potential on assigned projects.
* Have shown the ability to build and maintain professional relationships within and outside of engineering.
* Design, integration, installation, validation and verification of complex mechanical, electrical and electro-optic integrated systems and subsystems
* Understanding of Systems Engineering principals
* Strong Project and technical management skills
* Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
* Understanding of airworthiness, seaworthiness process and approval
* Knowledge of various military and industry standards related to airborne, marine and ground systems.
Experience & Education Requirements
* Bachelor of Applied Science Degree in Systems Engineering or equivalent on the job experience
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in Systems Engineering with progressive experience.
L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
* CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Day - 1st
: Division L-3 Wescam