9 months ago
Systems Engineer-Staff Modeler
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 55860BR Date posted 11/03/City Rockford
ISR-SS Rockford, IL is seeking to hire a Systems Engineer who will focus on modeling customer specifications, system architectures, control systems, functional designs, and/or product requirements in support of system and product development, detail design, analysis, and verification of our electro-mechanical systems and products.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
* Concept of Operations Modeling
* Use Case Modeling
* Detail Requirements Modeling specific to control system, functions, and allocation (software, hardware, or both) in support of requirements analysis, validation, and verification.
* Process improvements aligned to increase effectiveness of our modeling processes
* Estimating of systems engineering modeling tasks
Familiarity with general systems engineering processes (i.e. Model Based System Engineering)
* Practical experience with modeling electrical and/or mechanical components, assemblies, functions, closed loop controls, and systems.
* Model Based Design and/or Model Based Systems Engineering processes
* DOORs or equivalent Requirements Management Tool
* MATLAB/Simulink Modeling
* UML and/or SYSML Modeling
* Finite Element Method problem solving
* MS Office Products
Due to Federal Government contracts candidate must be a U.S. Citizen
BS or MS in Systems, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering w/15+ Years Preferred (BS) or w/10+ Years (MS) of experience in modeling in the aerospace, defense, or space market
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.