5 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. The ISR & Space Systems business unit provides products and services to global government and commercial markets that enable mission success in the harshest environments in space, in the air, at sea, and on the ground. We design and manufacture Environmental Control and Life Support Systems (ECLSS) and Active Thermal Control Systems (ATCS) on a number of space & sea platforms including the International Space Station, the U.S. space suit, and the next generation of space vehicles such as CST-100 and Orion, and the US Navy submarine fleet.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to join us as a Systems Engineer to support the design, development, verification & validation, and operational support of ECLSS and ATCS hardware. Responsibilities include: system development trade studies and optimization, development of concepts of operations, developing product requirements at the system/component level for mechanical/electrical/software, thermal/fluid/chemical system modeling, steady state & transient performance analyses, as well as component sizing. Skills in computational fluid dynamic (CFD) modeling and finite element heat transfer modeling are highly desirable. Skills in SINDA/Fluent, ANSYS ICEPAK/CFX/Workbench, StarCCM , Matlab/Simulink/Simscape, Excel & VBA, MathCAD, DOORS & DXL, Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), SysML, MagicDraw & Cameo Modeler strongly desired.|
Qualification: The candidate selected should have:
* Experience on hardware development program: proposal/development/manufacture/verification/operational support
* Experience performing system development/integration/architecting
* Experience performing thermal/fluid/chemical analyses
* Relevant component hardware experience: heat exchangers, pumps/fans/separators/motors/motor controllers, chemical beds, sensors, valves, accumulators
* Relevant system experience: thermal control systems, air revitalization systems (CO2/H2O/trace contaminant removal), pressure control systems, oxygen generation systems, potable water systems, fuel cell systems, human waste management systems or other equivalent systems
* Ability to work well both independently and within an integrated product development (IPD) team environment
* Ability to lead a small team of technical associates
* Excellent attention to detail
* Excellent writing & math skills
* Must be a US Person
Education: Bachelors in Mechanical/Aerospace/Chemical/Systems Engineering with 2+ years of experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.