4 months ago
The Systems Concepts and Requirements IPT of the National Team is seeking individuals who are creative and think-out-of-the-box to support end-to-end functional and behavior analysis for the defeat of Advanced Threat systems within the Missile Defense Agency’s (MDA) mission area and to expand concepts and capabilities for the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS).
* Candidate will perform BMDS requirements analyses utilizing model-based systems engineering (MBSE) methodologies and tools to support development of system engineering products for MDA.
* The individual will support development of reports and briefings to be reviewed within the National Team for release to the MDA Customer.
* Individual will support and participate in technical meetings with MDA counterparts.
* Individual will work in small teams comprised of 4-8 multi-discipline engineers.
* Candidate’s on-the-job performance may lead to assignment in more senior roles.
Occasional travel is required.
This position requires candidate acceptance by industry partner resource control board.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Missiles and Weapon Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Requirements):
* This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
* Candidate must demonstrate academic or industry training and background in requirements development to include use of requirements modeling tool such as “System Architect,” “Rhapsody,” “Magic Draw,” or similar tools.
* Candidate must have understanding in the use of requirements management tools such as “DOORS.” Individual must possess good communication skills.
* Must be capable of working within a small team environment.
* Individual must have a current, active Secret security clearance.
Knowledge of one-or-more of the following technology areas: EO/IR sensors, RF/Radar sensors, ground-to-air or air-to-air interceptors, data networking, or command and control systems (e.g., C3I, C4I, etc.).
Systems engineering experience generating component or system-level specification requirements and interface documents.
Ability to prepare, organize, and present briefings/demonstrations to team members and team leadership.
Knowledge of one or more of the MDA capabilities and ability to describe a typical mission thread is a plus.
Typical Education / Degree
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award