6 months ago
* This systems engineer position primary role while representing the Missile Defense National Team (MDNT) scenario design.
* In the scenario design role, the candidate will analyze key test parameters to develop and present test scenario tools and test cases for ground test events that represent a phased execution of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS).
* The systems engineer will be responsible for working with associated Systems Engineering (SE) teams, Test Organizations, Warfighters and Element Program focals to ensure scenario development meets scenario design intent for system ground test events, including details of system capabilities, behaviors, scenarios, data collection and characterization points to support current and proposed BMDS functionality and architectures.
* In the test analysis role, the candidate will develop and present analytical products that are based on assessing strategic and theater/regional system level performance of the BMDS in ground test and flight test events.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Missiles and Weapon Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Requirements):
* This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
* This position requires candidate acceptance by industry partner resource control board.
* Knowledge of ground test design for a complex missile defense program.
* Knowledge of System Engineering for test campaign and test event design processes and tools is required.
* Additionally, familiarity with complex systems assessment, system level interface design and specifications is required.
* Experience and understanding is required for system level behaviors and performance characterization and metrics that are traditionally demonstrated in system level test events.
* Candidate must be proficient in using analytical tools that assess system level performance of radar acquisition, tracking, and discrimination; battle manager engagement planning, warfighter interaction, and engagement coordination with other complex systems; and interceptor acquisition, tracking, and discrimination.
* Must be able to work independently as well as part of a geographically distributed team.
* Candidates with strong systems engineering background and demonstrated collaboration and presentation skills are desired.
* Additionally, candidate should possess knowledge of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS), a strong background with Matlab or similar analytical tools, system analysis, and system level testing.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Contingent Upon Program Award