5 months ago
N2 Imaging Systems, a UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) company, is an acknowledged leader in the design and manufacture of compact, low power, visible and infrared imaging systems used for soldier vision enhancement, targeting, and surveillance during day, night or low-visibility conditions. Our vertically integrated company, including operations and engineering staff are experienced veterans in providing low-power, lightweight solutions for capturing imagery across the spectrum. Our passion for supporting the Warfighter and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver. We value people, integrity, ideas and performance.
N2 is currently seeking a Systems Engineer (SE) to join our highly experienced interdisciplinary team of engineers working in a hands-on, collaborative environment. The SE will have the responsibility of supporting product development including requirements development, validation and verification, system design and performance analysis. The System Engineer lays out the vision for the product and works with all engineering teams to turn that vision into hard requirements, high-reliability designs, and testable characteristics. As such the System Engineer must be a team-oriented leader who can support weapon sight and night vision systems development through from cradle to grave.
* Work closely with the Program Manager and systems team to manage system requirement and scope aspects of the project
* Collaborate across engineering disciplines to lead the full life-cycle of systems development tasks including definition and development of system architecture and interface definition through requirements capture and flow down, integration, and qualification test with minimal supervision and direction from the Engineering Manager
* Generation of System Test Cases and System Test Procedures
* Daily technical interaction with program, project, electrical, software, hardware, mechanical, test and quality groups within the division
* Regular technical interaction with other UTAS divisions, partners and end customers
* Develop sub-system trade studies, algorithms and error budgets as necessary to support the project
* Drive the usage of appropriate Lean Product Development tools to support cost-effective technical solutions with heavy focus on platform design, reuse and knowledge-management
* Mentors and train junior engineers to improve their creativity, thoroughness, and technical ability
* Analyze product failure data from customers, manufacturing, and suppliers to determine necessary product improvements
* Must have US Persons status / green card acceptable
* 2+ years of experience in design and development of an integrated product
* Broad based system design and development background (electronics, software, optics) with experience in system design and architecting of optical systems, sights, and night-vision systems a definite advantage
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Design concept skills are required as the successful candidate will be involved in many proposals, presentations and customer reports
* Ability to work in a highly structured environment, with frequent customer and stakeholder interaction
* Experience with optical/imaging systems highly desired
* Experience with Analysis tools such as Matlab highly desired
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize
* Ability to work under pressure and with multiple priorities is a must
* Planning skills and ability to execute plans in dynamic and rapidly changing circumstances
* Flexibility and willingness to deal with change and complexity is highly required
* Excellent communication (written/oral), interpersonal and influencing skills
* Self-motivated and result driven
* Customer focused and quality oriented
* Bachelor’s degree required in Systems/Electronics Engineering
* Advanced degree a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.