3 months ago
About the Organization
Astronics is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products and services include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, seat motion solutions, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, systems certification and automated test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Astronics AeroSat keeps people connected no matter where they fly. For over a decade, Astronics AeroSat has provided fuselage- and tail-mounted SATCOM solutions for general aviation, business aviation, commercial transport, VVIP, and military aircraft around the world. We design and manufacture fuselage and tail-mounted antenna systems that provide revolutionary global broadband and television services for passengers and crew.
We are looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to work as part of a cross-functional, multi-disciplinary team that designs, develops and integrates highly complex systems. This position is working on new products and enhancement of existing products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Lead the design, development, and integration of systems and components into complex antenna systems.
* Collaborate with various engineering disciplines, program management, and manufacturing in the successful design and development of systems.
* Define, analyze, and review systems requirements to ensure software and hardware performance and compatibility.
* Creation and review of the technical requirements input documents and determine if the requirements are clear and unambiguous, achievable, measurable and will meet the application intended for the product.
* Participate in ongoing operational issue resolutions and assist in the development of internal troubleshooting and maintenance procedures.
* Report the status of technical activities at Program review meetings as required.
* Develop the specifications required for subsystem/component product design.
* Participate in internal design reviews for in-house and subcontracted subsystem/component designs.
* Develop the test plans & procedures required for testing the product system and the verification/qualification/certifications.
* Conduct verification/qualification/certification testing required for the program.
* Write required test reports and review subcontracted design test reports.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
* 5+ years of experience in systems engineering
* A proven track record of successfully applying system engineering and architecture principles to system design and development
* Action-oriented results driven, high energy, self-starter critical thinking skills to drive to root cause
* Experience working in an integrated team environment with other engineers to develop solutions using engineering processes and methods
* Ability to work across organizational boundaries, build relationships quickly, and deal with ambiguity
* Proven ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities
* Experience with analysis and testing of complex electronic systems
* Strong ability to rationalize engineering design choices and business value trade-offs
* Knowledgeable in the area of antenna systems technology, satellite communications, satellite link budgets, and satellite MODEMs preferred
* Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
* Experienced with Linux operating system a plus
* This position may require knowledge of SOX / 404 internal audit controls and related documentation
Astronics AeroSat Corporation
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.