11 months ago
Systems Engineer 2
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Join a team that designs, develops and integrates highly complex systems within Honeywell Aerospace. You will work across disciplines within the Aircraft Wheels & Brakes business to drive growth and reach critical business milestones. You will be integral in creating system solutions that meet the evolving needs of our customers. You will have ownership for systems at every aspect of the systems life cycle; from the front end of business development through product end of life.
Apply engineering knowledge, tools, and principals to develop/improve aircraft Brake Control Systems.
Serve as the primary interface between program management, customers, suppliers, and product engineers in the development process.
Provide technical and project management leadership for Brake Control System development programs by overseeing system requirements that will meet airframe customer requirements.
Requirements analysis, decomposition and system integration
Model based development system design
System architectures, reliability, maintainability, and safety analysis
YOU MUST HAVE
• Must be a US Citizen or lawful permanent resident due to ITAR requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
• Some engineering experience
• Leading diverse and global team
• Ability to develop technical proposals with external suppliers
• Knowledge of systems development lifecycle
• Proficiency with requirements management software a plus
• Experience with aircraft hydromechanical or electromechanical systems a plus
• Experience with brake control systems strongly desired
• Experience with aircraft brake control systems a plus
• Experience with software development and certification a plus
• Experience with DO-178 and DO-254 assurance standards and compliance a plus
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.
Why Our Employees Chose Aerospace
* Relocation Provided
* Some Travel Required
* 1st Shift
* Job ID: HRD24534
* Category: Engineering
* Location: 3520 Westmoor St, South Bend, INUSA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.