3 months ago
A Systems Engineer requires advanced formal engineering, system analysis skills and the ability to translate customer requirements into technical specifications. Responsibilities include interfacing between Systems Engineering, Customers, and Design Teams in order to generate requirements documents, support architecture analysis bid processes, and engineering department processes.
This role requires the ability to interface with the customer during systems, and integration tests, and the capacity to oversee internal testing during Validation and Verification activities.
* • Perform all tasks normally associated with the Systems Engineering discipline;
* • Analysis and understanding of customer and certification needs/requirements;
* • Respond to customer requests for proposals and customer change requests;
* • Definition and specification of requirements - including authorship for requirements specifications, test procedures, and reports;
* • Allocation of requirements and system level resources;
* • Definition and specification of subcontractor requirements including development of subcontractor statements of work;
* • Specifications and deliverable engineering data - system level design, risk identification and management;
* • System design, development, implementation and testing;
* • Implement System Engineering throughout the product development cycle including requirements analysis, requirement tracking, specification preparation, integration and verification;
* • Manage the requirements and their traceability;
* • Work with a team of other Systems, Hardware, and/or Software Engineers in a leadership role;
* • Produce estimates for work packages and submit reports on activities to the Systems Manager;
* • Complete other duties as required.
* • Undergraduate Degree in Electrical Engineering;
* • Minimum 4 years of related experience with embedded control systems preferably Engines, Nose Wheel Steering, and Landing Gear;
* • Good knowledge of civil/military specifications standards and practices: DO-178B, DO-254, DO-160, MIL-STDs and ARINC STDs;
* • Strong understanding of system design risk management, costs, and drivers;
* • Advocate for the principles of rapid product development and advocate for the principles of Technology Block Archival and Reuse;
* • Experience with traceability tools (i.e. DOORS);
* • Must be eligible to meet requirements of CGRP or ITAR;
* • Computer literate and proficient in Word, Excel, Internet, and e-mail;
* • Above-average math skills and good communication skills;
* • A Leader with solid experience in an autonomous role with proven skills in taking initiative, involving the team, making decisions, preparing reports, and speaking to customers.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in the supply of solutions and services in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both commercial and military markets. The company equips more than 1,000 boats, 25,000 land vehicles and 10,000 aircraft worldwide.