3 months ago
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
As exciting as our work environment is, there's a lot to keep your attention outside of work as well in scenic Grand Rapids, MI. Located in the four-county West Michigan area with a population of nearly one million, Grand Rapids offers a pleasant everyday experience that transcends the ordinary. Nature has provided abundant opportunities for recreation throughout four distinct seasons, with clean lakes and streams, beaches and forests. Whether you're single or raising a family, the quality of life in Grand Rapids is an attractive advantage. Here you'll discover extensive arts and cultural venues, plenty of fine dining for every palate, popular entertainment including hot nightspots and bars, downtown and mall shopping, a wide variety of affordable housing options and good schools. Local institutions include the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum, Van Andel Museum Center, & John Ball Park Zoo. If you're continuing your education, excellent local options, include Davenport University, Grand Valley State University, Ferris State University, Grand Rapids Community College, Hope College, Michigan State University and Western Michigan University. Land a career with us, and find yourself in the perfect location to build a fulfilling life as well as a satisfying career!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Aviation!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Systems Architect will lead the development of avionics systems architectures and set technical direction for advanced technology teams responsible for implementation.
In addition, the Systems Architect will:
* Monitor emerging standards, evaluate the implications
for future avionics architectures, and recommend strategies for adoption.
* Lead a team of engineers investigating new aircraft avionics
architectures and concepts
* Lead efforts to model, characterize, and evaluate
alternate architectures including control, data flow, safety and
* Use state of the art tools and methods for system
modeling and virtual integration
* Organize and manage work performed by subcontractors
and third-party suppliers
* Interface and collaborate with customers, partner
companies, suppliers, and other senior leadership within the company
* Protect the Intellectual Property rights of the Company
* Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Physics or Computer
Science from an accredited college or university
* Minimum of 15 years of technical and/or project
leadership experience in Military Avionics Systems and related Product
design and development
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in aircraft systems
and sub-systems requirements definition, design, architecture,
integration, verification, and qualification
* Minimum 5 years of experience working with advanced
modeling and simulation environments and military open systems standards
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in interacting with
customers and suppliers, and interfacing with senior leadership
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S.
citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the
Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to
export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to
* Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance
* Prior experience in defining architectures and requirements for aircraft systems
* Experience in sub-system requirements definition for military mission systems, human machine interface, sensors, communications systems, datalinks, vehicle management systems, and flight control systems
* Experience developing and implementing avionics architectures for autonomous systems
* Experience with military open system standards such as FACE, OMS, SOSA, and UxAS
* Experience using models and modeling and simulation tools such as UML, SysML, AADL, VHDL, MATLAB Simulink, and/or AFSIM to model and validate system architectures and designs
* Experience with and knowledge of military specifications, development standards, and processes
* Strong technical and project leadership experience in aircraft avionics systems development
* Familiarity with systems engineering processes including requirements definition, aircraft integration, flight testing, system safety, and requirements verification
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
* Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
* Demonstrated leadership in advancing the state of the art in a relevant technical specialty
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
Locations: United States; Michigan; Grand Rapids
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.