3 months ago
Business & Administration
* The Boeing Company is seeking a Versatile Technologist (Level 3) for the Special Projects Dallas location. This opening is for an information technology specialist working with a team of engineers and developers, who will support multiple job roles including hardware and software integrator, and information security / information protection support.
* Analyzes computing requirements.
* Performs activities to install, configure and maintain multiplatform systems hardware, software and components.
* Performs activities to plan, develop, design, integrate and maintain all computer applications.
* Plans and coordinates highly complex software and hardware for enterprise release.
* Ensures systems conforms with architectural objectives.
* Evaluates complex system's production readiness and supportability.
* Performs the restoration of complex computing service operations.
* Performs complex system problem identification and resolution.
* Performs the restoration of routine computing service operations with minimum disruption to the business, using standard tools and business processes.
* Gathers data from existing software tools and participates in problem determination, problem resolution, error tracking and reporting to minimize the adverse effect to the business caused by errors in the infrastructure.
* Assists in the evaluation of the readiness and supportability of routine computer systems components and their compliance with design, build, test and release using standard tools and business processes.
* Assists in the evaluation and certification of computing systems components to ensure reliability, integrity and compliance with architectural objectives using standard tools and business processes.
* Participates in monitoring and performing routine administrative functions to maintain and enhance computing delivery system management tools for hardware, software, network and operating systems using standard tools and business processes.
* Protects classified and proprietary information. Maintains knowledge of various government and corporate security plans. Applies documented security solutions according to program and contractual requirements into information systems and processes. Supports audits and investigates information system security anomalies and provides feedback to senior team members. Supports classification and declassification of equipment. Verifies visitor certification letters, citizenship status and clearances. Escorts or facilitates movement of proprietary media.
* Utilizes established IT processes for closed or isolated environments. Adheres to established operational security (OPSEC) IT processes. Participates in process changes to ensure lean, secure, cost effective execution. Provides input to projects that require an understanding of closed or isolated environments and governing policies. Follows established project management, configuration management, quality assurance, strategic planning, tactical planning and incident management processes and procedures.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Commercial Derivative Aircraft
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
* This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
* This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
* This position requires an active Top Secret Clearance.
* Security Clearance/Special Program Access or other Government Access Requirements is mandatory. Much of the work at The Boeing Company is of a classified nature and many positions require a security clearance, the granting of which is at the discretion of government authorities. A final clearance is mandatory for this position prior to start or transferring. Filling this requisition is contingently based on the applicant's ability to obtain the required program access in a time frame established by program management. If your final Security Clearance/Special Program Access or other Government Access Requirement is not granted, this offer will be withdrawn. Once your clearances are granted, if they are not maintained, the result may be reassignment, reclassification, or termination of employment. Applicants must have a current Top Secret Security clearance.
* Must have at least three years of Information Technology experience.
* Experience leading employees involved in multiple engineering disciplines.
* Experience producing and executing a Technical Information Technology plan.
* Experience working across multiple Engineering disciplines.
* Training to work in multiple Security Classification levels.
Assets (Preferred skills):
* Windows, Linux and/or Unix operating system working/support knowledge will be a plus.
* Server virtualization techniques, specifically related to VMware ESXi Hypervisor.
VMware Certified Professional certification desired.
* Cisco CCT, CCENT, or CCNA certifications are desired.
* Administration of Microsoft Workstations and Servers (i.e. Domain Controller, Group Policy Management, DNS and WSUS).
* Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Windows Server desired.
* Cybersecurity and Information Protection: CISSP knowledge and/or certification.
* CompTIA Security+ certification or ability to obtain in near term.
* Experience with Information Assurance, electronic data communications, and data center operation/administration.
* Knowledge of IAVMs, STIGs, CVEs, ST&E, HBSS, ACAS desired.
Typical Education / Experience:
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' or a PhD degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award