6 months ago
Business & Administration
Boeing is seeking a Linux System Administrator/Versatile Technologist to join our team in Tukwila, WA. This a level 2 position.
Some of your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Building, deploying, and maintaining Linux servers and workstations (Red Hat experience preferred).
Developing build scripts and automated procedures for deploying Linux images.
Developing hardening procedures and scripts to respond to security requirements.
Maintaining Linux repositories for software packaging and patching.
Managing and maintaining software and services such as NIS, LVM, Puppet, NTP, iptables, JDK/JRE, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Samba, backups, sendmail and antivirus.
Managing and maintaining end-user development applications such as IBM ClearCase, Jenkins, GIT etc.
Authoring and maintaining automated scripts to administer user account creation using bash, csh, Ruby, and/or Python.
Documenting IT processes and sustaining configuration management records.
Troubleshooting and resolving TCP/IP networking issues.
There will be local travel required to our other Boeing locations in the metro area as well as occasional on call/off hour support required.
Position will start in Kent, but due to a department move in spring 2018, will eventually be in Tukwila.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
CIO, Information & Analytics
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
* This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
* Expertise supporting Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating systems (RHEL5/6/7)
* Minimum 1 year of experience with Red Hat 5.9 or above
* System administration of complex infrastructure and software development systems
* Minimum 1 year of experience maintaining enterprise-wide storage infrastructure (Netapp experience preferred)
* Project management experience
* NETAPP and/or Data Domain experience
* Windows support and administration experience in an Active Directory (LDAP) environment.
* Experience with security and vulnerability scanning tools such as RETINA, SECSCN and or Nessus.
* Experience with VMware vCenter, vSphere, and managing virtual machines.
* Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Management, Information Systems, or similar field
* Current Secret Clearance or higher preferred but not required
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Contingent Upon Program Award