MPI have a requirement for a Survival Equipment Technician on a full time permanent basis on site at RAF Valley.
This is a full time role working day shifts 36 hours per week.
The rate of pay is £25,000 - £27,000 per annum.
General Description of Job:
Responsible for the efficient timely completion of preventative and corrective maintenance on all items of SE & AEA in support of the HADES contract at 202 Squadron, Valley.
• Preventative and corrective maintenance on all SE & AEA utilised by 202 Squadron Aircrew.
• Ensuring all maintenance activities are carried out in accordance with the appropriate standards, practices, technical publications and procedures.
• Flexibility to cover 202 Squadron flying commitment.
• May be required to work away from main operating base to meet contractual requirements.
• Ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times.
Technical Experience and Qualifications
• Formal Engineering Training in RAF Trade Group 13 or other Service / Industry equivalent - Essential
• TQA’s in the following: Q-SE-AC or AV-MED-SE and Q-SE-NVG - Desirable
• Previous Experience of Military Engineering Publications, Documents and Procedures - Essential
• Previous experience in Rotary SE & AEA - Desirable
• Computer literate in particular the use of web based engineering publications - Essential
• An effective communicator both verbally and written.
• Demonstrate a high degree of personal responsibility and flexibility.
• Polite and courteous with good customer liaison skills.
• Ability to work efficiently and effectively within a small team.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
You may be required to apply for a DBS Background criminal check that will cost you £25.00. Do not apply for this unless requested to do so.