9 months ago
This is a Long Term Assignment to NAS Sigonella, Italy for up to 3 years. Relocation/assignment benefits to the international location will be provided.
Support Equipment Technician responsibilities include:
- Maintains complex support equipment and systems by removing, replacing, repairing or upgrading components.
- Troubleshoots problems to isolate faulty components.
- Conducts complex functional tests by operating equipment and using appropriate test equipment.
- Performs a variety of inspections as required by equipment maintenance documents.
- Documents maintenance and inspection actions as required.
- Works with minimal direction.
- Creates and maintains maintenance, calibration and inventory tracking systems.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Mods & Maintenance
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
TYPICAL EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or GED and typically 1 or more years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED):
- Current active Secret U.S. Security Clearance
- Microsoft and web based programs computer skills
- Support Equipment experience
- Ability to work all shifts of a 24/7 schedule
- Capable of traveling internationally and domestically on short notice
- Candidate must be able to obtain a work visa, depending on requirements of the country
- Candidate must be able to meet the cultural requirements of the country, as applicable
- Employment is contingent on the candidate’s ability to satisfy all labor and immigration formalities of the country
- Because the candidate may be placed on an international assignment, the offer is contingent upon the candidate’s ability to obtain clearances from International Health Services and the receipt of a visa/work permit to the country in which he or she will be assigned. These clearances are also contingencies for any family members who may be relocating with the candidate
- At the sole discretion of leadership, employee must be willing and able (on potentially short-notice) to deploy/travel to a variety of locations (domestic and international) and for a variety of deployment durations to meet customer needs and the statement of work. Unless compelling reasons exist, failure to deploy/travel will be considered as a resignation
- General Automotive Servicing experience with strong electrical, hydraulic and internal combustion engine background
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award