6 months ago
Support technical activities related to the development of Alternate Sources, Management of DMSMS & Obsolescence, Source Justifications, Cost / Price Analysis Support and Supplier Technical Performance
Alternate Sourcing, Parts Manufacturing Approval (PMA) and Designated Engineering Representative (DER)
· Provide support related to Certification Plans, Compliance Checklists, and Conformity Plans for submittal to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) or to (ODA) administrator Core Engineering, Manufacturing and Product Support, and third-party projects including projects that result in the issuance of Supplemental Type Certificates (STC’s)
· Provide support and coordinate with suppliers on major repair or major alteration projects that require a Field Approval on an FAA form 337, one-only or multiple Supplemental Type Certificates, or amendments to Type Certificates of Normal and Transport category Airplanes; or PMAs through identically, or test and comparability
· Providing Certification Management and Administrative DER (Designated Engineering Representative) or ODA UM (Unit Member) coordination on engineering & certification projects.
· Assist in the review and evaluation of technical documents and manuals, in order to confirm its technical merit and ensure its compliance with the applicable Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR's)
· Work closely with suppliers during PMA and DER design, development and certification phases
· Supports the preparation of certification cost estimates for Request for Proposals, Request for Quotes, and Statement of Work
· Assist in the development of certification documents for Designated Engineering Representative (DER) or FAA approval
· Assist in the development of certification documents for Parts Manufacturing Approval (PMA)
· Possess knowledge of FAA regulations/certification processes and related requirements
· Experience working with FAA Designated Engineering Representative (DER) & FAA Specialists
· Experience with Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) Modifications preferred
· Experience working with suppliers, developing and certifying
· Possess comprehensive working knowledge of engineering principles, repair and fabrication practices, aviation hardware and general aircraft maintenance operations
· Knowledge of the use and application of aircraft technical data such as engineering drawings, SRM's, CMM's, SB's, IPC's, etc
DMSMS / Obsolescence Management
· Support technical performance of Obsolescence Management / Diminishing Material Sources and Material Shortages (DMSMS), including CDRL reporting
· Interface with program IPT's and managers, customers and suppliers
· Create / execute a proactive Parts Obsolescence / DMSMS Plan in accordance with Aircraft Program Requirements.
· Review supplier BOM's for obsolete parts, and be primary interface with supply base for OBS and DMSMS issues
· Identify, manage and track parts obsolescence issues and diminishing manufacturing source issues in accordance with Program Parts Obsolescence Plan
· Work with IPT’s, Suppliers, and Customer to analyze obsolete items, assess impact, and propose potential resolution options.
· Upon mutual agreement on course of action, document final resolution of obsolescence cases.
· Report on closure status of all identified obsolescence cases on program as contractually required.
Technical Support for Source Justifications and Cost & Price Analysis
· Ability to provide technical input to Sole Source Justifications, in accordance with FAR/DFAR regulations, and L-3 compliance standards, policies and procedures
· Ability to provide technical input to Limited Source Justifications, in accordance with FAR/DFAR regulations, and L-3 compliance standards, policies and procedures
· Ability to provide technical input on Similar Too Analysis’, in accordance with FAR/DFAR regulations, and L-3 compliance standards, policies and procedures
Supplier Technical Liaison
· Support the Supplier Capability Assessment & Approval Process, by conducting site visits and assessing manufacturing and technology capabilities.
· Perform on-site visits with “at risk suppliers”, for root cause analysis, implement and verify corrective actions of supplier quality issues,
· Provide support as technical liaison between Procurement, Subcontracts and Supply Base
· Participates in supplier selection and improvement processes.
· Develop and implement systems for performance metrics used to highlight need for process improvements or management emphasis
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical field plus 8 years of experience; OR Associates Degree in Engineering or related technical field plus 12 years’ experience; OR High School Diploma or Equivalent plus 16 years’ experience. Aerospace or Aeronautical Engineering experience preferred.
· 3 years’ experience and familiar with Government / Industry Part Standards and Contractual Parts and Obsolescence Management.
· Experienced with ISO Standards, 6 Sigma tools, Statistics
· ASQ certification or Black Belt preferred Experience with ISO Standards, 6 Sigma tools, Statistics
· Ability to understand military specifications and to read blue prints
· Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, communication and writing skills
· Ability to define problems and drive to root cause and effective corrective action
· Understanding of basic Reliability Engineering concepts and functions.
· Understanding of concepts of failure analyses.
· ASQ training/certification in Quality and Reliability Engineering
· Familiar with requirements for a Quality Management System (ISO 9001, AS9100)
· Must be a self-starter, adaptable, highly motivated and able to work under pressure with a minimum level of supervision
· Excellent organizational and communication skills (both written and oral) are a requirement of this position
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
US Security Clearance Required: None
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division - Vertex-20000074
: Individual Contributor
: Feb 9, 2018, 9:50:59 PM
: Engineering -Multiple Functions