4 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Electronics Central Commodity Execution Team for Electric Systems is seeking a goal-oriented and energetic Intern student to support purchasing activities.This role offers the selected candidate an opportunity to own several high impact projects associated with our purchasing and delivery performance teams, in addition to working process improvements that will enhance the performance of the larger team. It is an ideal learning experience for a summer intern candidate interested in making significant contributions and learning more about supply chain management in a practical setting.
The selected candidate will drive several projects from concept to implementation, giving a unique opportunity to network across a highly cross-functional organization.
* Execute purchase orders and manage a small group of suppliers, in addition to working process improvements that will enhance the performance of the larger team.
* Responsible for purchase order execution, product delivery, product cost, and product quality.
* Ensure compliance with all aspects of the UTAS Procurement Manual, UTC Code of Ethics, International Trade Compliance, & Transition Standard Work (TSW).
* Responsible for reducing all forms of quality & delivery turn backs through weekly QCPC / MRP turn back meetings.
* Accountable to implement effective Delivery/Quality Clinics (DQC's) with suppliers and extended cross-functional team members, as required.
Qualification: The ideal candidate would have strong project management skills, a demonstrated track record of leadership, and a genuine interest in a career in supply chain management. The candidate would have strong interpersonal skills, and where necessary build relationships with the supply base; while ensuring the appropriate level of assertiveness is applied when needed.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Education: Pursuing a Bachelors degree in Operations, Business, Supply Chain Management or a related academic discipline. Prior internship experience preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.