3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
The Supply Chain Specialist is responsible for making improvements to supply chain management processes and systems and works to influence other functions/vendors to support Supply Chain strategy.
* Develop and maintain supplier relationships and support procurement strategies.
* Resolve escalated issues with vendors and Supply Chain management.
* Assess supplier core competencies in order to capitalize on strengths and negotiate contracts for both long-term and short-term requirements
* Travel as needed to suppliers in support of supplier relationship and supplier performance improvements.
* Monitor individual supplier’s performance and develops the supplier’s capabilities by providing feedback to improve quality, reduce cost, & reduce lead time.
* Manage projects when transitioning sources of supply per company procedures.
* Provide real time problem resolution to support operations and finance in processes related to supply chain.
* Support and follows all rules and guidelines set by EHS, Quality, and CI functions as set by the position’s leader.
* 5+ years related experience working in a progressive Supply Chain role with Bachelor’s degree OR 3+ years related experience with Master’s degree in related field.
* May consider internship or cooperative experience in a related field.
* Time Management
* Proficiency with ERP systems (SAP preferred)
* Advanced proficiency with negotiations
* Blueprint reading & interpretation
* Advanced knowledge of Supply Chain Management
* Advanced Manufacturing Process Knowledge
* Moderate knowledge of contracts
* Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and management.
* Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Project Management experience
* Some travel required (~25%)
* Willingness to work nonstandard hours
* Some Holiday hours may be required based on business need
* Working extended shifts/overtime as required by the business
* Due to federal regulation or contracting requirements, this position is only available to U.S. persons.
* Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelor’s degree required
* Bachelor's degree in supply chain preferred
* Supply Chain Certification strongly preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.