• Ensures required materials, consumables, components, sub-assemblies, tools, equipment, and staffing levels are available to meet sales & operation plans.
• Ensures materials inventory levels are appropriate and work-in-process levels minimized to meet production and trade working capital (TWC) requirements.
• Analyze material sources and direct the mix of new, surplus, overhauled and repairable material, as well as, the selection of repair and overhaul vendors / suppliers.
• Works with corporate Supply Chain to ensure supplier / vendor development programs are appropriate and pursues supplier agreements, partnerships, consignment inventories and other strategic vendor relationships. Promotes the company's image with suppliers / vendors and works to achieve the best value for purchasing spends.
• Develops, amends, and issues material policies and procedures for the site. Ensures that changes in methods and operating practices are introduced with minimum disruption to operations, support and service center areas.
• Promotes continuous improvement ensuring that "best practices" are implemented for all aspects of supply chain management.
• Ensures appropriate measures of performance are developed, reported regularly, are trending favorably and are promoting improvement in supply chain management.
• Ensures adequate resources are devoted to selling off surplus stock in the most effective and cost efficient manner.
• Ensures import & export requirements are understood and properly implemented by all supply chain staff.
• Exercises authority in hiring, training, career development, performance appraisal, salary adjustments, promotion, discipline, health, safety and the general employee relations of direct reports.
• Actively participates in the appropriate management team(s), assisting with the development and realization of strategic plans, budgets, goals and outcomes.
• Strive to reduce repair TAT times through better material flow, material presentation and shipping schedules while balancing total cost to the business.
• Direction and management of planner and expeditors:
o Ensure all planners and expeditors work in a controlled and uniform manner to ensure delivery of the AOP.
• Must be able to operate in a matrix environment.
• Run finite capacity planning to allow control of work center loading and identify any bottlenecks quickly and resolve as not to impact delivery to customers.
• Work closely with departmental managers to optimize utilization of resources and identify any additional resource requirements.
• Provide root cause and corrective action (RCCA) to account for material delays, difficulties and changes to cost estimates.
• Owns the material cost product standards, including accuracy and alignment with business unit margin goals.
• Carries out special projects as assigned.
• Thorough knowledge of procurement, production, inventory, financial and business control systems.
• Strong planning, organizational, analytical, negotiation, leadership, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
• Thorough knowledge of related company instructions, company processes and quality requirements.
• Working knowledge of PC's in the current company operating system environment.
• Working knowledge of Aerospace/Defense industrial business and logistics practices.
• University degree in business administration, commerce, economics or related field; or equivalent.
• Recognized purchasing or inventory control designation (PMAC, APIC, CPIM); or equivalent.
• Management experience in an inventory or manufacturing environment.
• Skilled in Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services or similar software
• Skilled in Microsoft Excel as a data reporting tool
• The ability to lead others to success and drive change to influence others in order to achieve results
• Coach and develop direct reports to support their career progression. Support the professional development of all team members by providing coaching, facilitating project-related learning opportunities, recommending training opportunities, and monitoring progress toward professional objectives as appropriate.
• Must be a US Citizen or a US Permanent Resident.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.