6 months ago
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking a Supplier Quality Specialist (Level 2) to join the Operations team in support of several suppliers across the East Region. This position is based in East Windsor, CT.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Develops sections of quality metrics, design and production certification plans to ensure compliance with contractual, Company and regulatory requirements
* Analyzes capability assessments to support supplier selection activities
* Participates in various reviews to ensure quality attributes are incorporated into product designs
* Performs data analysis to ensure manufacturing and test readiness
* Provides material review dispositions for non-conformances
* Analyzes non-conformance trends to evaluate effectiveness of corrective actions
* Compiles performance reports and other statistical data to ensure specified processes capability levels are achieved
* Provides supplier education and coaching on quality systems, regulatory compliance issues, continuous improvement, and company initiatives
* Works to interpret requirements with supplier to resolve issues and concerns
* Inspects or verifies products for compliance with requirements and documents findings
* Ensures supplier notifications of quality escapes are processed
* Monitors and analyzes supplier performance
* Investigates and resolves concerns to ensure contractual compliance
* Monitors quality, delivery, and work in process, systemic issues and program impacts to determine needed actions on supplier performance
Candidate should have knowledge of Quality Management Systems and inspection skills related to aerospace requirements, specific to complex machine parts and hydro-mechanical parts. Working knowledge of the requirements and inspection skills to model based definition and digital product definition is a plus.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
* Experience in root cause analysis and corrective action
* Experience interfacing with suppliers
* Experience working with military or space electronics
* Experience applying audit standards, procedures and techniques
* Experience working with AS9100 and/or similar QMS standard
* Experience utilizing and following detailed work instructions, reading and interpreting blueprints, drawings, or specifications
* Experience working at supplier sites providing technical oversight or supporting resolution of technical issues
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Typical Education / Experience:
Bachelor's degree and typically 3 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 1 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position is based in East Windsor, CT and does not offer relocation assistance. Applicants must reside in area or be willing to relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award