2 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM...
Tasks to be Accomplished
* Supplier Development and/or sourcing
* Understanding the requirements, work with Engineering and the Buyer to assess the technical capability and roadmap of the supplier
* Perform supplier audits for risk and capabilities
* Determine and assign capable supplier(s) to items
* Specifications/document/product compliance and alignment
* Ensure there is a specifications matrix
* Align product verification/test between supplier and the internal factory
* As it relates to manufacturing and test, make sure that design to cost is met
* Ensure product compliance to specification by ensuring relevant verification has occurred (life testing, Qualification acceptance)
* Look for and analyze trends for issues
* Analyze SINs (Supplier Initiated Non Conformances) & NCRs (Non Conformances) to ensure that trends are identified and resolved
* Ensure link to the shop floor, supply chain, CSG (Customer Service Group) and EFFA (Early Field Failure Analysis)
* Drive (RCCA) Root Cause Corrective Actions from technical SCARs (supplier Corrective Action Review) and NCRs
* Report trends at applicable reviews
* Create project plans to close out issues
* Own and perform FAI (First Article Inspection) and part inspections both at source and at incoming
* Participate in the Quality Alert & containment process
* Responsible for defining material handling requirements from the supply chain to storage at L3 Wescam
* Be an active participant in all technical reviews, internal and external
* Ensure specification compliance, manufacturability, testability, and cost
* Perform supplier assessments at the source
* Ensure the suppliers build & test processes are robust and repeatable with no variability
* Ensure that the product can be produced in the most economic, efficient and effective way
* Utilize techniques such as PFMEA
* Continuous improvement mindset
* Process mindset with the ability to spot variability’s
* Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including project
* Ability to create and execute a project plan
* Excellent technical communication skills, both written and verbal
* Ability to lead the closure of technical issues
* Dynamic, resourceful and are known for sense of initiative (leadership, innovative, problem solver)
* Ability to challenge the status quo and provide recommendation with supporting data
Experience & Education Requirements
* University degree in Mechanical Engineering or Technologist. (Engineering is preferred)
* 4-8+ years of experience in a Quality Engineering capacity
* Experience with processes, 8D root cause (5 y's, fishbone etc.) & some project or quality improvement plans
L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
* CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division L-3 Wescam