about 1 year ago
The Supplier Quality Engineer role is to assure the quality of the articles and services purchased while maintaining supplier compliance to all Safran requirements.
The role holder will also be expected to promote best practice and continuous improvement among suppliers through effective investigation, evaluation, and feedback of supplier compliance issues.
* •Investigate supplier non-conformances and manage supplier through containment, root cause investigation, preventative actions and verified closure in a timely manner.
* •Ensure suppliers are compliant and qualified to current versions of Safran Quality Managemeny System using the Systems Audits and Compliance Matrices in force.
* •Plan and implement the appropriate monitoring actions at the suppliers' (system, products, processes and industrialisation) as and when necessary.
* •Ensure corrective and preventive actions have been effectively implemented internally at the supplier.
* •Approve supplier waiver requests and mitigate risks between supplier and manufacturing engineering.
* •Work closely with Supplier Performance Management team to ensure identified systemic quality issues are reflected in appropriate risk analysis, supplier improvement plans and appropriate surveillance levels agreed and maintained.
* •Quality representative responsible for ensuring that all new/ potential suppliers are assessed against the relevant selection procedures and fully meet the standards required by Safran.
* •Ensure that new/potential suppliers have the necessary skills and measuring equipment competencies to provide Safran with conforming products.
* •Provide the necessary data to enable passing on non-quality costs to the suppliers.
* •Represent supplier quality assurance in investigation reporting of supplier non conformances i.e. QRQC etc.
Industrialisation of Products and Processes
* •Ensure the industrialisation process takes place in compliance with the procedures in force, contributing to industrialisation launch, meetings, and formal reviews.
* •Resolve any supplier limitations.
* •Ensure that FAI (First Article Inspection) report elements of the PVI are formally reviewed and that anomalies are resolved with the suppliers in a timely manner.
* •Represent quality in the industrial validation process (PVI) that ends with the Final Article Inspection.
* •Regular, predictable attendance is required.
* •3 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment
* •Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
* •Experience using quality and continuous improvement tools (Process FMEA, Risk analysis, Causal analysis, 8D, SPC etc.)
* •Must be willing to travel up to 30%.
* •Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
* •5 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment
* •Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technical Discipline from an accredited institution
* •Experience in the aerospace or automotive industry
* •Aerospace experience of working with Quality Standards AS9100D / AS9102
* •Qualified Auditor
* •Effective written & verbal skills, and ability to communicate with different disciplines
* •Ability to propose detailed objectives and execute monitoring plans
* •Proficient in use of MS Office software and SAP
* •Ability to use/ understand a variety of quality measurement equipment, Micrometer, Vernier's, Shadowgraph, CMM etc.
* •Organized, self motivated, and practices effective time management skills
* •Assertive and capable of defining priorities
* •Work urgently and thoroughly to prevent line stoppages
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Specificity of the job
* •Domestic travel and international travel to UK and Mexico.
* •Travel up to 30%.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world leaders in aerospace electrical systems, No. 1 for wiring and No. 2 for electrical systems. As a pivotal player in the 'more electric' aircraft, the company boasts more than 13,000 employees dotted across 12 countries.