3 months ago
Supplier Quality Engineer
About the Organization
Astronics is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products and services include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, seat motion solutions, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, systems certification and automated test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Supplier Quality Engineer
Manage relationship between Astronics Connectivity Systems and Certification and suppliers to drive supplier improvement in areas of quality, delivery and compliance.
* Work with team to qualify first time suppliers as required and maintain ongoing supplier approval.
* Visits supplier locations to evaluate quality standards and processes.
* Help define and flow down Supplier Quality Requirements to suppliers and ensure flow down requirements are met upon receipt of products.
* Analyzes supplier performance both in-house on supplier premises as required and support management of the approved supplier list.
* Participate in Material Review Board and manage supplier action items for product improvements.
* Manage regular supplier monitoring and review meetings.
* Manage company and supplier quality relations, may include, but not limited to:
* Oversees and participates in the development and initiation of inspection, testing and evaluation techniques for incoming goods.
* Evaluates inspection techniques and recommends changes, as needed.
* Works with Production, Quality Assurance, Materials and other departments to define quality standards and procedures.
* Work with Quality Engineers to ensure that supplier discrepant material is handled in a timely manner.
* Work with vendors to supply compliance documentation as needed (such as Process Flow Diagrams, Process FMEAs, Control Plans and Inspection plans).
* Communicates with appropriate Astronics CSC personnel regarding supplier significant changes.
* Controlling nonconforming material in accordance with Astronics CSC procedures.
* Supporting and leading continuous improvement initiatives.
* Supporting internal audit requirements in accordance with Astronics CSC procedures.
* Other duties & functions may be assigned to this position as needed.
* Experience with special processes and/or electronic assemblies
* Understanding of J-STD-001 and other IPC standards
* Willingness to travel locally and nationally to supplier sites
* Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
* Minimum 3 years of quality experience working with quality systems
* Experience with Dock-to-Stock Programs
* Experience with Supplier Improvement Programs
* MRB, supplier performance, supplier corrective actions experience
* Internal Auditor Experience preferred
* Working knowledge of AS9100, ISO 14001 and FAA Requirements
Astronics CSC Waukegan
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.