4 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help support the development of the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine.
* You could be a great fit for our Quality organization if:
* You take immense satisfaction and pride in the quality of your work.
* You’re the first to point out opportunities for continuous improvement (even outside of work…not at all to the annoyance of your friends and family).
* You understand the absolute importance of adhering to compliance…all while making your customers (and boss!) super proud by achieving a zero-defect quality delivery plan.
OK. We got it. You live and breathe Quality. So do we! For us at UTC Aerospace Systems, quality is personal. People’s lives and safety depend on the quality of our products. From the child flying for the first time, to the men and women who save lives, to the astronaut exploring outer space – what we do matters, every day. If you checked the boxes above, we invite you to join the Quality organization as we work to be the best aerospace company for the world by delighting our customers with 100 percent on-time delivery and zero defect parts.
UTC Aerospace Kidde is seeking a Supplier Quality and Development Manager in Wilson, NC, to manage a team of Supplier Quality Engineers and a Team of Receiving and Inspectors that works within the Aerospace Fire Suppression Industry and suppliers.
This position manages employees performing supplier quality activities and receiving inspection activities to ensure that suppliers' production and quality systems, special processes, products and services meet purchase contract requirements and applicable regulatory agency and government regulations.
Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Develops and executes business plans, policies and procedures and develops organizational and technical strategies to improve supplier performance.
* Provides education and coaching on the Quality System.
* Acquires and manages resources and leads process improvements.
* Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with internal and external customers, stakeholders, peers, partners, suppliers and direct reports.
* Manages, develops and motivates employees.
* Coaches, counsels, mentors and provides developmental opportunities and job assignments to enhance employee performance and expand capabilities. Provides on-going developmental feedback. Recognizes contributions of individuals and teams to improve employee satisfaction and retain a skilled and motivated workforce.
* Implementing, monitoring, approving and/or closing FAI approvals, UPPAP requirements, sampling plans, and projects in the supply base. Report outs on plan and progress will be made to executive team on a regular basis. Travel will be required to aid supplier in training and closing actions.
* Working knowledge of DFMEA, PFMEA, measurement systems analysis, process control plans, process flows, key process input/output analysis, and first article reports (AS9102).
* Establishes partnerships and relationships with internal customers, stakeholders, peers and direct reports.
* Responsibilities will also include supporting/leading supplier quality meetings/reviews and weekly stand up meetings in front of Quality & Supply Chain Leadership. Manage Supplier Performance Review Board (SPRB) and related activities in conjunction with the Supply Chain department.
* Responsible for Supplier Quality improvement projects with the target to close the gap on best in class processes. These projects will include Dock to Stock, DSQR, Report Cards, Quality Clauses, Receiving Inspection, SCAR, SIR, etc.
* Implements policies, procedures and documents to ensure consistent execution of processes within workgroup in support of Boeing and regulatory requirements. Enforces company rules and policies regarding ethical behavior, safety, security, use of company property, time charging, etc.
* Contribute to overall Company quality initiatives, collaborating with other plants within the SIS Group (Sensors and Integrated Systems)
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Develops project or operational plans aligned to department's objectives. Implements plans to ensure business, technical and customer requirements are achieved. Assigns authority and responsibilities to employees to execute the plan. Reviews plans' execution, makes appropriate adjustments, and resolves issues. Monitors appropriate metrics to ensure performance to plan.
* Forecasts resource needs and obtains and manages personnel, facilities, services, equipment and tools to meet project and daily operating requirements. Acquires, deploys and schedules personnel to meet project and operational objectives. Reviews, approves and implements facility, equipment and service plans to maximize productivity and ensure safety, security, environmental and regulatory compliance. Coordinates with providers to achieve timely delivery of resources.
* Identifies opportunities to improve work-related products and processes within own workgroup, project or process. Engages and empowers employees to make process improvements.
* Systematically evaluates proper job classification of employees, sets employee goals and objectives, manages and evaluates performance to plan on a reoccurring basis.
* Provides technical direction and guidance to others regarding approved processes, tools, technology and skills for own projects or processes. Ensures workgroup products or processes meet customer, company, quality, industry and regulatory requirements. Provides approval of workgroup technical approaches, products and processes.
* 5 years of operations leadership roles with experience in a Quality leadership position desired.
* A strong background in QMS and application of measurement, analysis & CI tools.
* Strong operations background suitable to the facility production processes.
* Demonstrated problem solving skills, RCCA.
* 4 - 7 years of experience in engineering or quality engineering field related to the manufacture of Aerospace Components, Automotive Structures or Department of Defense.
* Experience in quality system, project management, product, or technical process
* Strong P.C. skills.
* Strong communication skills and experience with cross-functional teams.
* Demonstrated leadership capability.
* Experience with advanced aerospace components manufacturing, machining, and assembly.
* Experience with quality management system auditing and inspection of aerospace products is desirable
* Experience working with and communicating with senior leaders and executives
* Demonstrated work experience in Supplier Quality
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelors degree and 5 years of related experience or Masters degree and 3 years of related experience.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.