3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Today, the fully integrated landing systems we design, test and manufacture help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely. But we aren’t satisfied with today’s success. Our global Landing Systems team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
We have an immediate need for a Manager, Supplier Quality and Development, in our Troy facility.
The function of this role is to ensure that the quality of UTC suppliers, products and processes are compliant with internal and regulatory standards and are continuously improving.
The role and responsibilities include:
* Manages supplier quality issues through monitoring / escalation processes, escape management, processing of supplier submission of non-conforming material and supporting internal MRB processes.
* Initiates part specific quality issue resolution and corrective actions.
* Supports supplier qualification / certification.
* Manages source inspection and material release processes.
* Performs Escape management procedures, drives root cause analysis & problem solving (Red-X & 8D) and recommends corrective and preventive action for systemic process and product design problems for product provided by suppliers.
* Drives Corrective Action Boards/DQ Clinics with suppliers.
* Proactively supports the UTC Supplier Gold program to ensure healthy continuous improvement and sustainability.
* Analyzes quality data to identify systemic issues and develops supplier specific quality initiative strategies and addresses with key proactive quality tools (e.g. PFMEA, MSA, Process Flow and Control Plans, SPC, etc.), driving their implementation.
* Ensures that supplier is capable to meet all requirements for work transfer and process change management including Resourcing Gate and Production Part Approval Process (UPPAP) acceptance.
* Bachelor’s Degree plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment or a Master's degree with 3 plus years of related experience (i.e Supplier Development, Quality Assurance, or Continuous improvement).
* Position requires availability to travel approximately 30% of the time.
* Must be able to verify U.S. Person Status as defined by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
* Aerospace experience strongly preferred.
* Previous supervisory experience preferred
* ASQ CQE recommended, CQM/OE preferred
Due to federal regulation or contracting requirements, this position is only available to U.S. persons
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Education: Bachelor’s OR Master’s Degree.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.