about 1 year ago
Founded in 1917, Parker Hannifin Corporation is a $12 billion, global company.
With annual sales of $12 billion in fiscal year 2017, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 61 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Parker’s engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to solve some of the world’s greatest engineering challenges. By partnering with customers, Parker improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new ways to solve humanity's biggest challenges.
Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world’s leading producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today.
In addition to game-changing technology, our customers look to us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher reliability, and lifetime support. All coupled with the positive attitude and innovative thinking of a true business partner.
Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both our customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of core company values. As a result, our business growth is impressive and consistent. Best of all, our team members share in the success that results from that growth.
Supplier Performance Manager (JC 550031, SG 52)
Develops, modifies, applies, and maintains Supplier Performance Management Process standards across the Division. Defines tools, problem solving and lean methods with suppliers to improve performance. Defines appropriate structure to select suppliers for the various improvement plans, as applicable. Serves as a liaison between Suppliers and Procurement functions. Provides diverse KPI information for supplier improvement by determining supplier improvement criteria. Responsible to guide the teams to perform technical evaluations, analysis, and supplier improvement plans to ensure division quality objectives are achieved, for supplier health. Establish supplier award program and selection criteria to recognize suppliers on their improvement efforts.
SCOPE/SUPERVISION AND INTERACTION:
____ Has Direct Reports __X__ Does Not Have Direct Reports
Provides leadership and coordinates a matrix team (typically from varying cross-functional areas, included but not limited to procurement, supplier development, supplier quality, etc.) and does not have direct reports. Has regular and frequent interaction with Division team leaders; coordination may cover multiple sites. Reports to division staff or a business team leader.
1. Responsible for Go-to-Green program, data integration, tracking of supplier delivery and quality performance, and implementation of corrective actions covering all areas of supplier risk. Addresses critical issues with suppliers and leads the team SQE, SDE and/or buyers to develop action plans to improve supplier performance.
2. Responsible to define, maintain, train and deploy standard processes to manage supplier performance, across the different sites and procurement teams. Directs all phases of the supplier Go-To-Green program throughout the supplier selection, execution and implementation of improvement plans, metric reporting and supplier award. Responsible for leading supplier Quality and Delivery health improvement.
3. Oversees and approves task planning on multiple supplier improvement projects. Establishes and communicates overall priorities and required tasks to supporting functions.
4. Establish Key Performance Indicators and Metrics to monitor supplier performance. Develop tools to measure and report progress and effectiveness on supplier improvement plans. Secure and sustain supplier performance through the implementation of the supplier health report.
5. Manage Supplier Contract compliance to Parker FSD delivery and quality requirements.
6. Organize and support the supplier business reviews, and coordinate execution of action plans with the suppliers and the functions across the Supply Chain. Serves as key presenter and facilitator at major supplier reviews. Ensures meeting actions are documented and communicated.
7. Ensures strong internal and external customer relationships by responding to all customer requests regarding supplier performance and serving as the primary point of contact for supplier Go-To-Green program activities, status and problem resolution.
• Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) in business administration, supply chain management, operations, or other related field required and eight or more years of progressive experience. PMP Certification desired.
• Must be familiar with and have working knowledge of Supplier management activities, including data analysis, problem solving methods, monitoring performance and action plan completion. Considered a subject matter expert in problem solving techniques.
• Supply chain management experience in Aerospace, preferable.
• Lean experience and problem solving methods experience desired. Six Sigma green belt certification, required.
• Ability to lead multiple projects and influence divers cross-functional matrix teams.
• Strong Project Management skills.
• Strong Knowledge of Manufacturing and LEAN practices.
• Excellent verbal, active listening, and written communication skills.
• Excellent presentation skills; comfortable presenting to external and internal customers.
• Demonstrated experience managing supplier improvement projects and/or supplier relationships.
• Strong influential leadership skills to work with different levels of the organization. Ability to motivate and drive change.
• Self-motivated and must be a self-starter.
• Experience working in a strong team environment; strategic partnering is a must.
• Excellent metric and reporting skills. Skilled analyzing and reporting supplier metrics and KPIs to monitor and report results of supplier improvement plans. Ability to communicate to all levels of the organization.
TYPICAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to operate a computer and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Also expected of the employee is regular attendance, the ability to work cooperatively and professionally with others and members of the public, and the ability to manage multiple tasks at once. (The essential functions have been provided as examples of types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. The physical and mental demands described above are representative of those required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for this position.
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume in Word (.doc) format with your online application at parker.com/careers referencing Requisition #9825. A cover letter summarizing experience against above qualifications is strongly recommended.