3 months ago
Department Marketing Statement
Parker Aerospace is a global leader in the research, design, integration, manufacture, certification, and lifetime service of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, lubrication, and pneumatic systems and components for aerospace and other high-technology markets. The company supports the world’s aircraft manufacturers, providing a century of experience and innovation for commercial and military aircraft.
1. Gathers information about manufacturing processes by requesting information from suppliers and soliciting observations from operators/production technicians within their organizations.
2. Assists in the manufacturing process by creating and/or editing work instructions that include
the areas of fabrication, assembly, test, and rework information. Reviews and makes suggestions for improvement to supplier detail operations from blueprints, engineering orders, change notices, and other engineering releases.
3. Reduces set‐up and run times by researching and assisting in determining the tool and fixture needs of manufacturing processes. May make recommendations for the design and planning of required tools.
4. Serves as liaison between fabrication, assembly, test, engineering and suppliers with manufacturing related issues by answering technical questions and solving problems. Coordinates with schedulers and purchasing for material or supplier information to ensure that production meets specifications and time requirements.
5. Assists suppliers in reducing processing costs by reviewing the causes for rejections and assists in determining root cause, corrective action and the prevention of reoccurrence on manufacturing processes. May assist in developing test requirements and methods and work or performance standards.
6. Maintains and provides status and priority information, progress reports, or other related communications on assigned programs and projects.
7. Analyzes proposed changes in methods and materials and contributes to continuous improvement and key lean manufacturing/production activities. Recommends cost reduction opportunities and may be assigned to special projects.
8. May define or input parameters for specialized automated production equipment programs.
9. Maintains manufacturing operations and technical knowledge by attending in‐house training or educational workshops, and reviewing technical manuals or related publications.
10. Work assignments may include cross‐functional or project team responsibilities.
Assists supply chain staff, manufacturing engineers and operations staff in determining the methods and sequence of manufacturing operations for machined products, parts, and assemblies to achieve efficient and reliable manufacturing processes and workflow at suppliers.
Education and Experience
Trade school course completion, AA, or equivalent external training in Manufacturing which has provided both
theoretical and practical knowledge in the field, including programming and operation of CNC equipment. Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through five or more of directly related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
General knowledge of aerospace or similar industry products and manufacturing and assembly operations.
Considerable knowledge of manufacturing routings, travelers, blueprints, and/or the overall production process
Ability to effectively apply continuous improvement methods to manufacturing functions (e.g. process mapping, design‐to‐production automation).
May require ability to use standard business software applications and/or specialized data analysis or database tools.
Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
Ability to adapt procedures, techniques, and/or processes to meet special needs.
Ability to work on assignments that are complex where considerable judgement and initiative is required to resolve problems and make recommendations.
Ability to determine methods and procedures on new assignments and provide guidance to other non‐exempt or hourly personnel. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to respond to inquiries and to effectively communicate and present information.
Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal‐setting, performance feedback, and self‐development activities.
US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Alien status is required.
TYPICAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to operate a computer and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Also expected of the employee is regular attendance, the ability to work cooperatively and professionally with others and members of the public, and the ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
Position will require travel of 25-30%.
(The essential functions have been provided as examples of types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. The physical and mental demands described above are representative of those required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)