5 months ago
Supervisor, Plant Engineering & Tooling afternoon shift-TOR03941
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Supervise, plan and direct the short-term and long-term Millwright, Plumbing, Automotive and Tooling activities to maintain vehicles, plant equipment, building infrastructure, building systems and support operations.
- Accountable for the general health of the mechanical aspects of plant equipment, small tools, hydraulic equipment rigs, fuel flow rigs, aircraft jacks, calibration of wire strippers, overhead cranes, elevators, overhead and hanger doors, steam and gas piping/traps/valves, washroom plumbing, sanitary/storm/chilled water/sprinkler piping, drives/motors/pumps, HVAC units, exhaust fans, vacuum systems and vehicles;
- Oversee tooling laser metrology and tool room activities
- Coordinate and plan the fabrication of tooling stands and dolly work as per customer requirements;
- Coordinate execution of Planned Maintenance Program, related work orders and shutdown events;
- Responsible for operating within allotted budget;
- Coach/develop and provide feedback to mechanical trade employees including managing shift changes, vacations and time & attendance;
- Focus on internal customer needs, and liaison with outside vendors and contractors as required;
- Accountable to internal and outside authorities regarding material used and how the work is performed (e.g. Occupational Health and Safety Act, Labour Canada, Bombardier Safety Policies and Procedures, Plant Engineering Contractor Safety Instruction, etc.);
- Maintain housekeeping standards to ensure a safe working environment.
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold an accredited Trade License in the province of Ontario or an accredited engineering degree
- You are proficient at interpreting drawings related to equipment/facility drawings;
- You have a minimum 5 years’ experience working in an industrial environment;
- You have a minimum 2 years’ experience as a Supervisor;
- You have strong computer skills;
- You have excellent interpersonal & communication skills;
- You are independent, self-motivated and must possess the ability to multi-task on activities;
- You have the ability to manage complex tasks, write technical specifications, and manage large projects.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disablities Act (AODA), Bombardier will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto Downsview
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 27.04.2018, 8:45:07 PM
5 months ago
only 4 days until close
2 months ago
only 10 days until close
24 days ago
only 4 days until close
11 days ago
only 17 days until close