6 months ago
The Quality Control Supervisor leads a team of inspectors as a key member of the dynamic and fast-paced American Airlines Maintenance organization. Supervisors are part of a joint leadership team committed to the development of the business and to the support of each team member. American Airlines recognizes the value and importance of these employees, who serve a critical role in ensuring that AA Aircraft Maintenance remains the industry leader. The successful candidate for this position should possess the following qualities:
* Demonstrates sound, principled, ethical leadership traits.
* Creates and nurtures a diverse work environment that promotes mutual respect.
* Recognizes and encourages successful individual and team performance.
* Knows the skills of each employee and establishes individual developmental plans.
* Shares expertise and technical knowledge.
* Demonstrates a calm, approachable, professional demeanor using a variety of communication techniques.
* Copes effectively with stress in a fast-paced environment.
* Effectively resolves conflict and takes appropriate action to prevent future occurrences.
* Keeps team and self-aware of personnel, product, safety, regulatory and technical requirements.
* Monitors organizational performance using metrics, establishes goals and implements improvement initiatives to meet performance goals.
* Utilizes the skills, knowledge and information available from resources (e.g., employees, customers, manuals, other departments) to make timely, effective and informed decisions.
* Accomplishes corporate objectives by facilitating the active participation of all team members and by identifying and removing obstacles to achieve desired results.
* Demonstrates knowledge of Continuous Improvement and the development of High Performance Teams.
* Pushes self and others to persist and achieve outstanding results.
* Builds and sustains a productive team.
* College or a technical school is desired.
* A&P license required.
* Certified in use of Lean Six Sigma tools is a plus.
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent organizational skills required.
* Analytical skills in root cause and interpretive skills in metrics and data.
* 3-5 years’ hands on experience working as an A&P licensed aircraft mechanic preferred.
* Prior leadership experience desired (e.g., supervisor, crew chief, community, organizational).
* Effective negotiation skills and the ability to lead productive meetings.
* Candidate should be experienced in managing teams and utilizing Continuous Improvement processes.
* Experience in using Operating Rhythm to monitor and improve organizational performance, with an emphasis on the ability develop and implement shop level metrics is desired.
* Proven ability to manage projects effectively, project management experience a plus.
* Medium to advanced computer skills in:
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 17157
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
Inspection, Manager, Lean Six Sigma, Project Manager, Six Sigma, Engineering, Management, Technology