about 1 year ago
This position is responsible for achieving all Ground Operation goals as they relate to performance, safety, service and regulatory compliance. Supervision of the Load Master group to ensure cost effective utilization, appropriate performance and conduct. To provide internal and external customers with assistance and guidance on the acceptability of oversized/outsized/unusual cargo for carriage on company aircraft. Advise of any required cargo buildup, shoring and/or special equipment required to facilitate that carriage. Communication with affected locations to ensure efficient movement. Monitoring of special loads as they transit through our system.
* Supervise, monitor and schedule the Load Master group to ensure all ground operations that require Load Master presence are provided in the most cost efficient manner.
* Safe and efficient direction provided to internal and external customers with regards to Special Loads.
* Problem solving to assist customers in moving outsized/oversized/unusual cargo.
* Effective and timely communication with customers and employees.
* Efficient and cost effective scheduling of the Load Master group.
* Ensure all Load Masters are current on all their training requirements.
* Supervise the performance and conduct of the Load Master group.
* Complete Employee Evaluations, discipline and recognition as required.
* Monitor Load Master expenditures to ensure compliance with the Corporate Travel Policy.
* Any other duties assigned by the Director or Manager of Ground Operations.
* Detailed understanding of the 747F aircraft loading/unloading system. With knowledge of handling, preparation and loading/unloading of oversize/outsized/unusual cargo.
* Experience in preparing 747F trim sheets, weight and balance.
* Knowledge of and ability to use and interpret aircraft loading manuals.
* Ability to communicate in a professional manner with all levels of customers and employees.
* Prior experience supervising/scheduling a wide spread work group desired.