9 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM...
Engineering is growing fast, and the pace of change is growing with it. So we need you, an energetic self-starter, to jump in and grow an already effective team into a powerhouse. ECAT (Engineering Change and Analysis Team) has successfully been supporting Mechanical Engineering with change and lifecycle management for several years, and now you will expand it to support all of Engineering.
Your first task, with support of the team, will be to establish the new modes of operation for ECAT. How will this new team interlace into all of Engineering and Configuration Management? How will it be structured to tackle the influx of workload? You will build this team around these ideas and will own the rules of engagement and development of day-to-day operations.
You are either a seasoned professional who has done this before, or someone with related experience who loves getting into the details and is looking for a leadership position.
These are exciting times, and we want you!
Tasks to be Accomplished
* Overall responsibility for planning, preparation and execution of sustaining and NPI engineering changes of varying complexity;
* Overall responsibility for team accuracy of changes and compliance to company standards;
* Overall responsibility for building product BOMs on time, and for maintaining integrity of baseline configurations;
* Liaise with other engineering departments, project management, PMO and CM to facilitate the release of engineering changes;
* Support NPI projects with staff, and contribute directly to solve difficult problems;
* Lead activities related to commercial part number validation, data entry and obsolescence;
* Prepare and present monthly metrics related to engineering changes and to project status;
* Represent engineering as the senior subject matter expert in engineering change management projects;
* Train new engineering members on processes and tools and maintain relevant training materials;
* Support the development/implementation of departmental and cross-functional continuous improvement projects;
* Delegate other work or tasks when necessary;
* Conduct yearly performance reviews for personnel;
* Any other tasks or projects assigned by the manager.
* Proven people leadership skills;
* Project management working knowledge;
* Advanced knowledge of the automated CM tools (PLM / ERP applications);
* Working knowledge of a CAD tool;
* Working knowledge of engineering best drawing practices;
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
* An effective communicator, able to articulate complex solutions clearly and concisely;
* A proven track record of being able to own complex problems and see them to closure;
* Working knowledge of CM Principles, Concepts, Practices & Standards and their various applications (particularly ANSI/EIA-649);
* Capability to understand engineering documentation & terminology;
* Advanced knowledge of managing engineering component selection, management and obsolescence;
* Ability to exercise independent judgment in selecting and interpreting information, handling deviations from standard methods and resolving difficulties;
* Willingness to embrace change, with a drive to champion the implementation of quality / continuous improvement initiatives;
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and effectively balance priorities to meet deadlines;
* Demonstrated capability of working under tight timelines;
* Ability to thrive in a high pressure environment;
* High level of self-motivation, energy and tenacity;
Experience & Education Requirements
* Education to a degree level in an Engineering/Business program or an equivalent combination of education and related experience;
* A minimum of 5 years of experience in Configuration Management, or Engineering Document Control Environment, or Document Control / Management;
* Expert knowledge of Configuration Management principles, concepts, practices and standards (CM Industry standard EIA-649/ ISO10007);
* CMII or CMPIC certifications an asset;
* Ability to obtain and maintain Controlled Goods Program clearance.
L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
* CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Day - 1st
: Division L-3 Wescam