9 months ago
Join us to “Take It Further”!
Are you looking for a challenging and innovative environment where you can make a difference? Are you passionate about aeronautics?
We have the opportunity for you!
L3 MAS, located in Mirabel (QC) is a subsidiary of L-3 Communications.
For over 30 years, L3 MAS has carried out the repair, maintenance, and modernization of the Canadian fighter jets, the CF-18s. Thanks to our technical expertise developed over time and our passionate employees, L3 MAS has developed innovative and personalized solutions for the in-service support contracts of the Canadian government’s aircraft fleets such as the CH-148 Cyclone and CH-147F Chinook helicopters, and the CC-150 Polaris (Airbus 310) aircraft. Our technical expertise also includes the repair and overhaul of aircraft components, first and third line aircraft maintenance, the design and manufacturing of aircraft parts for major Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), and state-of-the-art technical publication solutions.
Choosing L3 MAS, it's being part of multidisciplinary work teams, it’s joining one of the major in-service support providers for the Royal Canadian Air Force, and it’s being part of an organization whose values – integrity, passion, respect, and balance – are at the heart of our daily actions. Join us in “Taking It Further”.
At L3 MAS you will:
* Contribute to the continuous improvement of the company and be recognized for your impact;
* Enjoy a flexible work schedule allowing you to conciliate work-life balance;
* Participate in gathering sports and social activities organized by the staff for the staff;
* Have access to exclusive on-site services such as massotherapy, subsidized cafeteria with outdoor patio, fitness and language classes, seasonal tire change, annual vaccination clinic, charging stations for electric vehicles and more;
* Benefit from a Comprehensive Employee Benefits Package, including a customizable group insurance plan that fits your needs and lifestyle, and a Group RRSP with contribution match-up.
As E-Publications Supervisor at L3 MAS you will:
Be mainly responsible for managing his program and a team of translators, editors, illustrators, EPS Operators and technical writers.
To achieve this, you will be called upon to:
* Select, supervise and evaluate personnel of his own group;
* Liaise with both internal and external clients;
* Provide program status reports and performance measurement;
* Produce monthly labour forecasts and identify resource requirements and changes to meet increasing work demands;
* Manage the introduction of new technologies such as SGML and XML in his programs through business proposals to the various customers and take charge of the implementation and deployment of solutions based on these technologies;
* Periodically revise and update procedures and processes;
* Implement new ways to perform the work as a means of improving overall group efficiency.
* University degree preferably in communications or engineering;
* Between 3 to 5 years of management experience in a technical publications production environment (any equivalent combination of education and relevant experience may be considered);
* Knowledge of S1000D, C-01-01-100/AG-006, ATA 100/2200 specifications would be a definite asset;
* Knowledge of SGML and XML mark-up languages, essential;
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Arbortext EPIC Editor;
* Excellent understanding of the financial and business imperatives of a technical publications organization;
* Excellent written and spoken skills in both French and English.
Operational requirements :
* Must be eligible for registration to the Controlled Goods Program;
* Must be eligible to obtaining and maintaining the government of Canada’s “Reliability” status and Level 2 (Secret) security clearance;
* Location not accessible via public transportation. A car is needed.
At L3 MAS, we care about the principles of employment equity and we encourage Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CAN Security Clearance Required: NATO Secret
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division L-3 MAS