5 months ago
This position is responsible for the safety and legality of the flight crew members schedules in accordance with 14 CFR Part 117 and CFR Part 121 (Federal Aviation Regulations) and contractual agreements. The Crew Scheduling Supervisor will work with other operational personnel to keep all parties informed of crew rest issues, scheduling conflicts and legality concerns.
* Ensure all crew scheduling personnel are performing to expectation and assist the Senior Director of Crew Scheduling in evaluating crew scheduling personnel performance.
* Review open time and segment reports as well as legality reports. Work with the Schedulers to formulate plans in the event flight operations are affected.
* Orchestrate adjustments to crew activity with SOC. Make necessary changes in accordance with applicable CFRs, company policies and procedures.
* Brief SOC on the current reserve status with regards to reserves available and any open flights or trips.
* Oversee travel coordination and payroll preparation.
* Participate in crew scheduling personnel training.
* Participate in the daily operations meeting.
* Answering and handling calls from crew members through the main phone line.
* Provide crew scheduling information to crew members on a daily basis.
* Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material.
* Hours and shifts vary to meet departmental requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
* Associates Degree or higher preferred
* Previous Crew Scheduling experience
* Experience with AIMS airline software
* Working knowledge of crew scheduling policies and procedures
* Knowledge of crew member collective bargaining agreements and work rules
* Knowledge of FAR (Federal Aviation Regulations)
* Ability to identify and resolve crew legality/scheduling conflicts
* Previous supervisory experience
* Excellent customer service skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to mentor and train crew scheduler'
* An enthusiastic, out-going personality is a key attribute for success
* Ability to prioritize and coordinate with associated departments
Supervisor: Team of up to five per shift, Crew Schedulers